Why Hiking Is A Perfect Summer Activity

Why Hiking Is A Perfect Summer Activity

Let's go for a hike!

29
Why Hiking Is A Perfect Summer Activity
nipic.com

We spend the whole school year looking forward to summer -- the freedom, away from exams and lectures, where there will be warmer weather and plenty of shenanigans with friends. But sometimes when we finally get to summer, far too much of it is spent indoors, whether working or lounging around watching television or playing video games. With the extra free time, it can be a little overwhelming at times to decide how to spend the day. And it can be hard to work around everyone's schedules to get a group of friends together. We all know that summer fun is far more enjoyable when you share it with a group of good friends!

Even if you get the group together, you'll want to choose an activity that will not kill your already far-too-skinny wallets. This is why hiking is a perfect summer activity! Not only is it free to do, but you can get together a group of as many people as you want! Hiking is a great way to talk and catch up with friends as well as get yourself out into the sun to enjoy the beautiful, warm summer weather.

Another positive of hiking is that it is fantastic exercise, and the scenery is much more delightful than the inside of a gym. It's a wonderful, relaxing way to work up a sweat. Also, there are so many types of different hikes. You do not have to worry about being out of shape because there are so many hikes to choose from and plenty of variety in difficulty. This allows for the option of a flatter, less strenuous hike as well as more intense hikes, such as the Adirondack Mountains, for the challenge seekers. Hiking will still give the satisfying fatigue in your muscles but can be far more beneficial than a gym workout (plus you will be able to work on getting a killer tan!).

It is important to remember that despite summer job hours, we also need to enjoy ourselves and prepare for the next semester. Hiking is a great way to reconnect with friends that you have not seen in awhile. It is a great way to get outside, get some exercise and enjoy the beauty of nature. You can document your travels and all the things that you see. Some hikes are full of beautiful natural sights such as waterfalls, and some even have pools at the bottom for a dip on a hot summer day. Hiking can be a great way to get out and explore what nature has to offer. It is a great way for fit in some laughs and smiles, and to build memories with those close to you.

So get out there and enjoy a hike! There are plenty to choose from. Always remember that it is important to stay hydrated, so bring water and snacks along, especially for longer and more strenuous hikes. Grab some friends and some sunscreen, and go make memories hiking with those close to you!