I've been with my boyfriend since my sophomore year and his junior year of high school. We initially were one another's wingman and well, the rest is history. With high school comes bad fashion, embarrassing photos, and finding out where you belong in the world. But thankfully we've been able to survive all of the above and even more, woohoo! Hopefully, this article will give you and your person a little bit of nostalgia and bring back some of your favorite memories.
1. You've survived each other experimenting with new looks.
I'm guilty of changing my style every 6 months or so, thank you for dealing with that, JP.
2. You have reached a point of slowly turning into the same human.
You both love the same music, food, movie genres, and even the same sweatpants.
3. Christmas, birthday, and anniversary present ideas are dwindling.
You've given each other one of every cute present idea you can think of. No, you don't need any more personalized coupon books or bottles of perfume.
4. You no longer have to beat around the bush when you're upset.
You don't have to play any games to have them figure out you're upset. You can look them dead in the eye and let them know you're pissed.
5. You have seen one another in their ugliest form.
Whether it's after a workout or a long nights sleep, you've been spotted looking like a -4 and they still love you.
6. You have finally embraced your partner being a bad dancer.
No, he can't clap to the beat, but he does look cute trying.
7. Date nights are usually a little less extravagant.
If the night doesn't consist of fast food and you stay up past 9:30 p.m., it's a success.
8. You're always willing to help each other out financially.
Sometimes pay day is a little too far away and your grocery list is a little too long
9. Recreating old photos.
Remember that one picture from senior year that you had as your screensaver for months on end? It could be even BETTER now
10. Lazy days are just better together.
You can binge watch your favorite shows while only getting up to get more food.
11. You gossip more with each other than with your friends.
You share everything with each other anyways, gossip just comes with the territory.
12. You are each other's hype man ALWAYS.
If you're not letting one another know how good they look before going somewhere, then what are you doing?
13. You are the parents of your friend group.
You two always have the beach bag packed with extra towels and sunscreen for everyone.
14. You speak your own language.
It can be a specific look or understanding the other with a mouth full of food. Either way, it's talent.
15. Sometimes you're that annoying, mushy couple...
Everyone has their sentimental, lovey-dovey days.
16. Other times you're over it.
Annoyance comes with too much time spent together, or maybe you're just hangry.
17. But no matter what, they are your person for a reason.
Life just wouldn't be the same without them
Loving the same person since you were 16 is such a crazy feeling. All of your memories, big life moments, and everything in between are shared with your favorite human. You've grown into the adults you are today right alongside them. I'm so thankful to have found someone I love more than I could imagine, and I can't wait for the fun times to come.