Why Marrying My High School Sweetheart Was The Best Decision

I Met My Husband When I Was 16 And Marrying Him Was The Best Decision I Have Ever Made

He's so much more than my high school sweetheart.

98
Jamie Dunn Photography

I met my husband when I was 16, working at my first job. Quickly after meeting, we hit it off and started dating.

Over the past six years, we have faced many ups and downs, but we have never given up no matter what. The thing about marrying your high school sweetheart is getting to build a life together and watch each other grow. I have watched my husband graduate from high school with me, as well as join the military shortly after.

We got married and began our own little life. A life that was us moving into our own little place, getting our first dog, and celebrating each other's achievements. We haven't just grown as individuals, but as a couple as well.

When things get tough, we never throw in the towel, we work on it and grow stronger.

We share so much together, such as our memories and even our hometown. Nostalgia is nice, and it's even better to reminisce with someone who was there by your side along the way. And what's even better about knowing each other since high school, is knowing everything there is to know about each other. I can read him so well now because of the many, many years we've spent together.

Marrying my high school sweetheart was the best decision I made.

Even though they say the odds are against us, we are going six years strong, and there's no slowing down. We have grown into a little family over the years and I love getting to share the love we have with our own little human. It's a life that I have fallen in love with, and a life that I get to spend with my best friend.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.