To The High School Seniors Ready To Graduate, Don't Forget

It's okay to be ready, but don't forget where you came from

104
YouTube

I was once in your shoes. It’s around almost two months into your last year of high school. My how the time has flown by, right? Some of you are excited. Some of you are scared. Most of you are ready to leave, but are you really? It’s a weird feeling being in high school, but also at the same time being forced to look at colleges.

Now, make sure to make every moment count. It sounds so cliché, but I mean it. Go to that homecoming football game, the senior night soccer game, the school dance. No matter how much you say you don’t want to, go to prom. It honestly is a once in a life time experience. The people around you care so much about you and it will not be the same in college.

Do not be restricted to certain people, or making certain people happy. This is supposed to be the best year of your high school career, so worrying about others and their happiness will not help you focus on your own. Do not be afraid to reach out to people though. It is great to make new friends even if it is senior year. They could end up being one of your best friends.

Do not forget about your life long best friends. Yes, you probably will not be going to the same college, but that means to hold them even closer throughout senior year. You will part ways, you might not talk every day, but you will always be able to visit and talk to them.

Make sure to enjoy your parents company. The months are winding down and you’ll be packing up your car before you know it. When you’re three hours away you will be wishing you sat down with your parents more. The phone calls will last around 20 minutes every couple of days because they’ll make sure you’re okay and ask a lot of other questions about college.

As a senior, I was ready to graduate. I’m still very glad to be out of high school and out on my own, but trust me when I say you’re going to miss it. Continue to be excited about the new adventure that is approaching, but never forget where you came from.