Three Hidden Beauty in Breakups

Breakups suck. Whether you were in love with the person or even in-like with them. You end up missing some part of the relationship. It may be the "horrible" music they'd play in the car, or even the cheesy nicknames you had for one another. Sometimes it can be as simple as missing the feeling of always having someone to talk to, laugh to, and confide in. Because its not as likely that your significant other will go behind your back and spill all of your deepest darkest secrets. Although the break up may pain you for days, weeks, months, or even years, there is beauty to a breakup. These are the 3 main beauties to a breakup:

1. You get to experience solitude!

I know this sound absolutely ridiculous. Who wants to experience solitude? But its honestly a very beautiful thing. At first the solitude may be dreadful. You'll just want to feel like you have that person back in your life. You'll wish you had someone to do everything with. But as time goes on, sitting in your kitchen alone eating cereal, or going out to a movie on your own will be actually enjoyable. You will fall in love with watching yourself dancing in the mirror. You'll look forward to sitting at home watching your favorite Netflix show alone. The sound of nothing can most definitely become your friend. Don't let people tell you that being alone is pitiful, being alone is freedom after a breakup.

2. Lessons will be learned!

I can't express how many times my mother has given me relationship advice that I completely ignored. But at the end of the day, I don't regret not listening. Because the mistakes you make in a relationship will stick with you and teach you more than any words of advice can teach you. The feeling you get in your chest when you mess up ingrains not only into your mind, but into your character. And even though another relationship may not be on your mind currently, I have to admit that you will be made a better partner when you learn from your own personal relationship mistakes. So don't worry, the relationship was not for nothing.

3. Growth growth growth!

I know, personally, I hated hearing from my dad that my breakup would make me a better person. I almost just wanted to take my anger out on him when he said that. But as always, dad was right. A breakup has the potential to make you feel extremely upset, but it also has the power to lift you up. Use the power in your benefit. Accomplishing goals on your own is probably one of the best feelings in the world. Work for what you want in life, not for what your ex partner wanted. Live your life for your well being and your happiness. Also not going to lie, running into your ex a way better person by your standards is kinda amazing. At the end of the day, you can take care of yourself better than anyone else can.

I know breakups are not the ideal situation. But they can bring ideal outcomes, so keep your head up and move forward. Everything happens for a reason. Things will get better, I promise.