Hickeys can lead to strokes

Hickeys Are Killing Teens, Young Love Isn't As Innocent As You Think

Hickeys might just be the next cause of your death.

2281
https://www.instagram.com/p/1GY7dnOq29/

An article by Mirror has revealed that a teen by the name of, Julio Macias Gonzalez, died because of a stroke caused by a bite mark left by his girlfriend.

The teen was spending time with his family eating dinner, after meeting with his girlfriend, when he started having convulsions and died of a stroke.

Hickeys, or bruises on the skin, as defined by Merriam-Webster, are usually caused by harsh sucking that burst small blood vessels.

These bruises usually last about 5- 12 days as stated through recent publishing by 54 Health.

The article also claims that the amount of time can also vary depending upon your own state of health & the amount of destruction the hickey caused.

"Some hickeys are more severe than others and take a longer time to heal," says 54 Health.

But, sometimes, there can be no room left for healing as some of these bruises can be extremely severe.

These hickeys on your skin can quickly turn into your next nightmare if it completely destroys your blood vessel wall.

In an interview given to Cosmopolitan's Relationship Editor, Julia Pugachevsky, Dr. Jessica O'Reilly said, "According to research, it is possible for hickeys to be dangerous if the pressure is applied over the carotid arteries."

"Too much pressure could injure the blood vessel wall and lead to a smaller clot that could clog an artery and cause a stroke," says Dr. O'Reilly.

Other experts, such as Dr. Teddy Wu, have made it clear that these strokes may not only result in your death but can also cause paralysis.

Even though the result of paralysis or death from receiving a hickey are of low-risk, consider the next time that you give your lover a mark or bruise on their skin - you might just end up being known as a "murderer," among their family & friends.