He's Just Not That Into You And That's Okay

Life goes on!

110
scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

He's just not that into you and that's okay.

As much as we females hate to admit it, we get attached relatively quickly. Since we are like this, it leads to unrealistic expectations and high hopes that usually get squandered within a blink of an eye. We know we shouldn't get attached so quickly and some are better at keeping it cool than others, but it's hard to do when you like someone. We aren't thinking about the fact that the guy we might like might not even like us as more than a friend, we're thinking about all the ways they are the right fit.

Most girls who think they have the right guy for themselves start to picture what life would be like with them. Not in the creepy "we're gonna be married and have two kids and live in the suburbs" kind of way. More how they would add value to their everyday life routine. They think he's the guy my parents would be proud I brought home, he's the guy whose is going to push me to do better in life, he's the guy who will find a way to make me laugh after a hard day, or he's the guy I'll never find again, but is he really all of those things and as dreamy as you make him out to be when he treats you the way he does?

The brutally honest answer to this is no.

You make somebody feel something and if you could would you really want to make someone like you? They have to choose you like you chose them. Why put yourself through the hell of chasing after someone who isn't going to let you catch them? You don't deserve the guy who is indecisive and inconsistent. The one who never stops sending you mixed signals. The one who always comes up with excuses. The one who keeps letting you down. You deserve someone who wants you back. As my wise-guy friends have said, if a guy truly likes you he will willingly put in the effort to keep you. So if you're doing all the work, it's a sign he's just not that into you.

So, while it may be hard it's time to let him go. You both deserve happiness and you won't find it making yourselves miserable. Letting go of the idea of him and the hopes you built up in your mind will be hard, but you need to pinpoint when someone is taking you for granted and to know that you're destined for so much more than that. The love you want is out there, don't let him make you believe it isn't. Maybe one day he'll realize just how amazing you are and that will hurt him realizing he was too late as much as it hurt you to move on.

Stop chasing the ones who don't love you back. If you must have them in your life, keep them as your friend and strictly as a friend. If you ever catch yourself wanting to try to move out the friend zone, cut them lose because you don't need more drama and stress in your life. Find the one who will always choose you. Think about how amazing you'll feel knowing you found someone who doesn't make you second guess your feelings because they will continuously choose you and only you. While you should do what is best for you, you'll also be doing what is best for him. He deserves to be happy to and while it might not be with you, he still deserves to find someone who will always choose him as well. There are so many things we as individuals worry about in a day, don't let this "why doesn't he like me back?" thought be one of them.

The right guy is out there. Look at the time spent looking for the right man as an adventure instead of a chore. The best things in life come to those who are open and hopeful. Good luck and good for you for letting go and moving forward with your life!