Heres To You Vine

Heres To You Vine

The decline of media

10
Heres To You Vine
talkandroid

As some of you may know, the six second video application Vine has officially died on October 27, 2016 putting thousands of individuals who had thriving accounts, - like BatDad - with millions of followers, out of luck. So, here's a tribute to a few of the best accounts and Vines that went viral, showing us that six seconds can say a lot more than you think. The application will still be available for download on your phones, however, you will no longer be seeing any new content, only older videos will be able to be seen.

Vine exploded back in 2002 when it first launched because it gave people a quck and short way to get videos and ideas out that would reach a specific audience, those who were lucky enough to reach enough individuals reached internet fame almost overnight. Speaking of overnight, bed time means...

However, "Vine didn't move fast enough to differentiate" it began to fall behind other applications like Instagram, who has stretched themselves far past the six second limit that Vine had given their users, to 15 and even 60 second videos that attracted more and more individuals and Vine celebrities wanting to show the world more and more content on a larger scale, and Vine wasn't able to keep up.

As Vine started to rapidly decline, some viral users didn't want to see their fan bases leave and move onto different platforms such as Snapchat, Instagram and the ever popular Youtube - could you imagine what would happen if Youtube shut down? - so 18 of them offered Twitter a deal for 1.2 million dollars to "post 12 original vines, per user, per month, to keep users interested in the app" However, if declined, they would move onto other platforms as well, and begin to post their content and gain followers through other markets.

Vine announced via its Medium account that "You’ll be able to access and download your Vines...online because we think it’s important to still be able to watch all the incredible Vines that have been made." However, if people are already leaving the app, I feel like this isn't even worth it for Twitter to keep the applications running. All these individuals that had gained their followers, and attracted other users into the application have moved onto different platforms brining their audiences with them, and most likely posting their content themselves, and if they aren't doing it, you can find them in the videos above, and those alike, posted by other users, and their fans.

So here's to you Vine, thank you for the laughs, the fails, the wins and all the other amazing videos that have been produced by your users, you will surely be missed.