Here's Listening For You, Walt

Here's Listening For You, Walt

The Definitive List of the Top Twenty Catchiest Disney Soundtracks Ever

11
Here's Listening For You, Walt

Let’s cut to the chase, shall we? I know you didn’t click on this article because you wanted to read a bunch of jibber-jabber introduction. You clicked on it because you wanted to see the list, right? Well here it is: our guilty pleasures that we would totally put on our phones and jam to in our cars if, oh wait, I actually do that (insert big smile emoji here). 

Please note that this list is based on my slightly inexpert, somewhat biased, personal opinion. Also please note that you are completely entitled to disagree with my list. You would be wrong and I would question your relationship with Disney, but regardless, you have your right (I guess). 

20. We are One. You don't know this one, do you? I don't blame you. Most times many Disney sequels don't get the attention, or big screen time, that they deserve. This little gem is from the movie The Lion King 2 Simba's Pride. You must go on YouTube right now and look it up. I guarantee it will draw you in, and confuse you on how or why you find yourself becoming attracted to an animated lion. He's just so good with his daughter...sigh.

19. Go the Distance. Again with the confusing attraction to animated characters. At least this one is supposed to be a human...scratch that -- half human half GOD (heart eyes emoji). That's right, Hercules. He is beautiful even in his scrawny, adolescent stage. Is this article about Disney soundtracks or my very embarrassing and strange attraction to his animations? We just aren't sure anymore. Anyway, if you haven't heard it, look it up. It is equal parts heartbreaking and inspiring.

18. Reflection. Ahh, Mulan. You just can't please your father with your constant serving and cleaning for him. It's understandable that you don't know who you are, with a demanding father like that I would probably have some daddy issues as well. Except, there is no way I could sing as beautifully as she did when she poured her heart and soul into this song. You got an A+ in my book, kiddo. No defeating the Huns required. 

17. He Mele No Lilo. The reason you may not know this one is because it is in a different language. Think back to the very opening of Lilo and Stitch. Remember Lilo frantically rushing to her hula dancing practice after accidentally spending too much time in the ocean? What a life that would be.. Anyway, this is the song that is playing in the background. No shame, I would totally listen to this on repeat for days if I could. It is so catchy and simply reminds me of happiness and sunshine. 

16. Can You Feel The Love Tonight. Well, can you? I remember during this scene in the Lion King wishing that Simba and Nala would just kiss already. Then I remembered they were lions and became uncomfortably confused and wished they were humans, but then they touched their furry faces together and I accepted that. The song? Perfect background music. I felt the love, oh yes I did. 

15. Beauty and the Beast. Whether you like the chubby, little teapot version, or the Jordin Sparks version, there's no denying this song's rightful spot on this list. Again with the weird animal involvement, though. Like, Disney, you're putting the beauty and the beast in their feels right now as they are dancing in the ballroom with this beautiful background music and there is no way she should kiss him, I mean that is basically like kissing her dog. Somehow it all worked out, as it always does.  

14. Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride. Lilo and Stitch really took advantage of our ears during this movie with its Hawaiian roots. I don't know if you know this, but we are basically suckers for music with a foreign flare. I wish I could surf to this soundtrack, or surf in general. I'll stick to continuously replaying it on YouTube.

13. Part of Your World. Ariel is gorgeous and so is her voice. I would never give up a voice like that for a boy, especially not one I just met. But, you know, she is still my favorite princess and this is still my favorite Disney movie, hands down. I currently have this song on my phone, and yes, I listen to it. 

12. Love is an Open Door. Let's be real, Frozen killed it with their soundtrack. This song in particular is just so quirky, fun, loving, happy -- all great qualities used to capture our attentions and hold them to a point where, yes, I am currently typing it in the YouTube search as we speak. 

11. Son of Man, Strangers Like Me, You’ll Be in My Heart, Two Worlds One Family. I realize that there are four songs that hold the number 11 spot, but to be honest, they all kind of sound the same. I couldn't rank one over the other. I accept their similarities, however, because other than the fact that  [RIP] Phil Collins killed the game with his music, it also doesn't require me to have to replay the same song over and over again. Bravo, Phil. Also, no I did not have a crush on Tarzan. His forehead protrudes a little too much for my taste. 

INTERMISSION: How's everybody doing, tonight? Good, good. You can go refill your popcorn and soda at this time. The show's about to really heat up. 

10. Kiss the Girl

9. I’ll Make a Man Out of You

8. I Won’t Say I’m in Love 

7. I  Just Can’t Wait to be King

6. A Whole New World 

5. Do You Wanna Build a Snowman 

4. Under the Sea 

3. Hakuna Matata 

2. When You Wish Upon a Star 

1. Let it Go 

No, I didn't stop explaining each one because I was too lazy. Okay, so maybe a little, but mostly because these really don't need explaining. "Kiss the Girl is a classic and Ashely Tisdale sang it at a high school dance [in her music video], I'll Make a Man Out of You is when Mulan turns into a TOTAL badass, I Won't Say I'm in Love is when we find out Meg actually does have a heart and it beats for Hercules and I Just Can't Wait to be King is when prepubescent Nala and Simba terrorize the hell out of Zazu. A Whole New World? Do You Wanna Build a Snowman? I mean come on. 

One you may not understand is number two. Well, I felt it only right that the song that is the opening of every single Disney movie be number two on the list. I mean really, it is Disney's trademark. There must be something special about it, right? I wasn't personally a fan of Pinocchio, but, as I said, every single Disney movie. 

So there you have it: the reason you will hate me for the next couple of days as you hum and pencil drum your personal favorites. I wish you the best of luck, but one day you'll thank me (kissy face emoji).