We can say hello, just as fast as goodbye. Just like waves come and leave ashore. It's funny how many hellos and goodbyes a person can say in their lifetime.

Some of our hellos we have said are lifelong hellos and some are just for a little while, until its time to say goodbye. Those short hellos can be some of the hardest goodbyes we might ever have to part with.

Some goodbyes are because of deaths or breakups; no matter the bond we know we have to say goodbye. Goodbyes can be one of the hardest things to face. The people we love sometimes are not intended to be in our lives forever and we ask ourselves, why must these people, who we love, have to leave?

I don’t know the answer to that question. I don’t think anyone will ever really understand why? But, they were brought into our lives for a reason - a lesson perhaps. Peyton Sawyer once said that “people always leave.” I guess, she was right. People do always leave and sometimes the person may not even know its happening.

You may have seen them start to slowly fade away and you know you have to move on and let go. It’s harder holding on to someone who stops loving you. We find ourselves asking can we ever go a day without thinking of them?

And we sure hope so, because every day there is this pain in our hearts from where we opened up and loved. I think every day that hurt slowly heals, but like any other wound, you are left with a scar that will be there forever.

So, as humans, we will still catch ourselves wondering why are there so many hellos that end in goodbye?