10 Indicators You're Heartless, Not Clingy, And Emotionless, So Basically A Mess

What are feelings and how do I use them?

16361
Madisyn Stauffer

Even if you're getting yourself into a long-term relationship or just being in that "talking" stage, you might find yourself struggling to find the will to care or be lovey-dovey with that special somebody. Caring for someone has never been your cup of tea and you frankly don't want it to start being now. As one of who has been in many of relationships, I have to come to terms with some of my talking stages not getting past that because I'm either heartless, not emotional enough, or frankly a "pain in the ass." (Yes, I've been told that.) But I keep putting myself in that sticky situation again just to get hurt.

And if you're like me, then I'm wishing you luck out there.

1. You push people away when you start to feel "something."

"I really do like you, Madisyn"... Woah, you like me? I'm sorry but it's a no from me. I'll be right back I have to go walk my fish. Whew, that was a close one. Pushing people away is only what you know is best and it's what you feel comfortable doing because so many others have done it to you. There's no time for feelings in your busy life, you hear me?

2. Double texting? What is that?

One text is a sufficient amount already no need to say something else. You said what you needed to say in that one text if they want a further explanation then they'd ask for it. Who cares that it's been two hours since you've last heard from them? They are probably taking a nap. Or they just don't like you and that's OK.

3. Compliments scare you, worse than your grandma naked.

You're really not sure how to say something back or say something instead of "same". You feel the same but you could've gone along with your day without stressing on thinking of "how to respond" to them. YOU'RE EITHER JUST AWKWARD OR HEARTLESS, never in between. "Wow, you look really nice for our date tonight." Aw thanks, buddy, but two things. One; I'm not sure how to say thank you without sounding like a sarcastic a**hole and two; you look OK too.

4. Words like "baby," "boo," and "honey" make you cringe.

What happened to the meaning of the words "my girl", "pal", "doll", etc... I'm the same age as your BUDDY, I'm not your ghost and bees go with honey, not with me. Where did the simplicity go and just not putting a title on things?

5. Hanging out sounds like an effort and don't wanna do that.

Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with my significant other but I'd rather be in my cold dark room with my puppy snuggling my legs under the heat of the heated blanket. My dog doesn't break my heart either so it's a win-win.

6. Feelings are sacred, like a cow in India.

Just like the cow in India and Nepal is sacred, it is also deeply respected and held in "high esteem". Therefore, my feelings should be the same... maybe a little more. Deeply respected and bringing no harm to them. Unlike my heart though, the cow is a calm and non-dangerous animal.

7. You never post about them, but you still like them.

Just because I don't show you off, doesn't mean that I don't still appreciate you. I still do, just to an extent. I mean you cute and whatever, but I'd still like to keep the perfect aesthetic of my social media, please and thank you.

8. Those "three little words" give you anxiety.

I think I could go my whole life without being so attached to someone in order to say those words. And I know it's not just me that gives them anxiety when someone says that. Even hearing other people "in love," say it to each other, still makes me want to gag. #sorrynotsorry

9. You just go with the flow... or whatever they say, goes.

They could probably treat you like the biggest piece of crap ever and you'd still deal with their shit because you are how you are. Or if you're like me, you basically just leave them alone and continue on with their day. You're used to being treated like poop, it's just another day. What they say to you really doesn't hurt you, it's basically like "yeah... OK... I've heard this all before" as in if you were hearing your parents ramble on again.

10. Focusing on yourself is way easier than focusing on two.

If your personality isn't extrovert or like leader-type, then this might not apply to you. For extroverts, it is so much easier for myself to focus on me and not another human being because that requires effort and you frankly don't know what that is.