A Heartfelt Letter To My Lifelong Best Friend As She Turns 18 This Year

I hope today is filled with your favorite things ever.

58
Srinidhi Vangala

Hi, Srihitha.

Tomorrow is your 18th birthday, so did you really expect me to not write an article?

I am going to start by saying thank you. Thank you for being someone I am not deserving of. You cheer me up on stressful mornings on the ride to school. You make me belly-laugh at the most simple things you say and do, inspire me to follow my dreams and keep my eyes on the future, push me to better myself in every way, and tolerate my annoying teasing. I am lucky to call you one of my best friends.

Throughout the last four years of high school and 17 years of friendship, we've had some ups and downs. We've become so close that we bicker like siblings about simple things that mean nothing at all. Even though sometimes I may make you want to rip your hair out, just know that I always have your best interest at heart.

With all of the big decisions coming up in our lives within the next year, I just want you to know that I will always be around. I may not physically be right next to you, but I am here when you need me. You have been there for me countless times and continue to support me fully to this day. Keep being yourself and living life to the fullest. You are destined for amazing opportunities, Rachel. Stay determined. I truly believe you will be able to do anything you set your mind to.

You are such a beautiful person both on the inside and the out, and I don't think you hear that enough. You brighten up even the darkest of days, and you try your best to make everyone happy. You are kind of lazy sometimes, but when you put your mind to something, you kill it every time. I am envious at your confidence and ability to make anyone and everyone around you laugh.

SEE ALSO: I Found A Soulmate In My Best Friend, And She Is Truly My Rock

On your 18th birthday, I hope you receive nothing but happiness and love from everyone around you. I hope you get to spend time with all the many people that adore and care for you. I hope you receive dozens of cheesy cards with funny pictures on them (and maybe even some that sing). I hope you get to eat your favorite oranges and get to have that cute little pack of nuts you seem to love so much. I hope the smiles you receive are endless and that you feel the most love you have ever felt. I hope all of your wishes come true after you blow out the candles at the end of the night.

I hope you understand how much you mean to not only me but to everyone who is in your life. Every single memory I have with you, I will cherish for years to come. As we move to the next phase of our lives, I hope we are just as close as we are right now, and I pray that we will be together forever. You are my lobster, and nothing is ever going to change that.

Happy Birthday, Beautiful.

With love always,

Srinidhi