Heartbreak isn't Always a Sad Thing

Heartbreak isn't Always a Sad Thing

Love and Heartbreak go together.

162
Heartbreak isn't Always a Sad Thing
The Daily Best

“Why is it that every time you ask someone about love, they tell you about heartbreak?”

This quote lives with me. It lives with me because love is not just heartbreak, but heartbreak comes from love. I personally do not think you can have one without the other.

I am not saying that people who love will experience a heartbreak that tears them apart. I just think love brings in tiny heartbreaks as well as the big ones. This means a small heartbreak when your boyfriend goes away to college, or heartbreak when you are fighting with your girlfriend about the same thing once again. These little heartaches, besides the heartbreak that can come after leaving or being left from a long relationship.

Love brings heartbreak, but that does not mean that love is heartbreak.

Love is having a terrible day but having it flipped because of a smile from your significant other.

Love is knowing you’ll have someone to tell your good day to.

Love is showing them your ugly side knowing they will still like you.

Love is being happy because they are happy.

Love is supporting them when they are struggling to get through the day.

Love is understanding that no one is perfect, and accepting their imperfections.

Love is being there for someone, no matter what happens.

For me, love was being able to have completely different lives and always coming back to each other.

Love was knowing I needed to sleep on the edge of the bed because sleeping on the wall side meant I would push them off.

Love meant letting me come over just to take a nap.

It was knowing he showed me stupid phone games so I would not bother him playing stupid video games.

It was wearing makeup every now and then because I knew he appreciated it.

It was adding two hours to the time he told me he was coming back because I just knew that was going to happen.

Love was always knowing he was there when I needed him.

And then love was me, heartbroken because it was over.

Love was crying wondering where it all went wrong.

It was hating his new partner for a time even though they didn’t do anything to you.

It was calling my mom on Halloween because I didn’t feel like I had anyone anymore.

Love was trying every possible way the relationship could have gone that would have resulted in us staying together.

Love was thinking each passing holiday would get easier but it’s actually harder because I realize we’re missing precious time to make memories.

It was making sure every part of the relationship was packed into a box hidden away.

It was giving myself stupid rules to follow to try to get over him.

It was me falling apart for a short time.

It was letting my heart be ripped out and stomped on in front of my face.

It was second guessing where I went wrong.

Love was letting my heart break and still offering it back to him.

This was all love for me. Love was the meeting him, the getting to know him, the growing with him. But it was also the losing him, the crying over him, the hoping it would be different. And now, my love is letting him go, being happy that he is happy, and hoping he ends up getting everything he deserves.

They tell you about heartbreak because that is the result of love. It sounds sad, but it is not the worst thing. Love is love, and heartbreak, and acceptance.