Things You Have Heard If You Love Christmas

Christmas is just around the corner

youtube.com

Christmas is just around the corner, well, kind of. Just because we haven't reached Thanksgiving quite yet, that doesn't mean that starting to celebrate Christmas is completely out of the question. If everything related to Christmas makes you happy, the decorations, the music, the atmosphere, then there a few things you've probably heard before.

1. You can't decorate for Christmas right after Halloween.

I beg to differ. After Halloween, stores start stocking up on Christmas decorations. If you go as soon as they get in their stock, everything is so much cheaper. Once you've gotten all the decorations your heart desires, it's only natural that you set them up in your home. Who doesn't want to walk into their house to see a wreath illuminated in the corner?

2. You can't listen to Christmas music yet!

Christmas music is just the happiest music there is. Just listening to it puts you in a good mood, and excites you for the holiday season. After Halloween, you should be able to listen to all the Christmas music you want.

3. Candy canes aren't even in season yet.

Candy canes are always in season. Once you're done with all the candy corn, Kit Kats, and Snickers, candy canes are waiting to be picked up to put you in the holiday spirit.

4. It's way too early to have a Christmas tree.

It's never too early to set up your Christmas tree. I have a little tree I keep in the corner of my apartment that lights up and has ornaments hanging about. Whenever i come into my apartment, it makes me so happy to turn on the lights and just look at it. There is nothing better than coming in from the brisk weather, and doing homework in the light of a Christmas tree.

5. Do you really keep a countdown to Christmas on your phone?

Yes, yes I do.

6. Are you seriously already watching holiday movies?

I mean, why not? It's about to be winter, and movies like Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, and White Christmas just never seem to go out of season.

7. Do you really want to eat holiday cookies right now?

Gingerbread, candy cane sugar cookies, Rice Krispie treat ornaments, how can you resist? Holiday cooking is just really exciting and adds to the whole "warm feeling" you get from everything surrounding the holidays. There is nothing like sitting in front of a Christmas tree with a cookie and hot chocolate.

8. Don't you think you're going overboard?

There is no such thing as going overboard. If you love Christmas and the whole holiday season, celebrate it in every way you can! After Halloween, starting to revel in the holiday season is completely allowed. So turn on some Christmas music and decorate to your heart's content. Christmas is just around the corner.