Healthy Labor Day Recipes To Try

Healthy Labor Day Recipes To Try

Who says healthy has to be a bad thing?

4
Healthy Labor Day Recipes To Try

Labor Day is approaching fast, and it makes for a long weekend. During holidays, I tend to eat unhealthy, but for this Labor Day I wanted to make foods that I could enjoy yet still feel good about myself at the end of the day. I found different recipes throughout Pinterest, whether they be desserts, appetizers, main course, gluten-free, dairy-free or vegan.

The first recipe I am excited to make are Hawaiian Chicken Bacon Pineapple Kebabs.

Just as the name of them describes everything that you will put onto your kebab stick. Cut chunks of chicken, bacon, pineapple and if you want add some red, green, or yellow peppers to the mix. You can either wrap the bacon around the chicken or leave pieces throughout the kebab. By alternating the different ingredients place them onto the skewer. Next mix together your marinade with:

1/2 cup of BBQ sauce

1/2 cup of soy sauce

1/4 of a cup of pineapple juice

1 tablespoon of wine vinegar,

1 tablespoon of brown sugar

1 tablespoon of olive oil

1 teaspoon of sesame oil

1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic.

After you have all of your ingredients placed on the skewer, coat the kebab with a marinade. Place the skewers on medium to high heat in a pan or grill for five minutes and coating the skewers with the marinate until there isn't any marinate left. Serve them immediately. This is a quick and easy recipe, and you aren't spending all day slaving over a meal, and you have more time to spend it with family and friends.

The next recipe is Spicy Tortilla Roll-ups.

These are my favorite to make because they are always a hit, and it takes less than ten minutes to make dozens. The way I make my spicy roll-ups are by taking soft tortilla wraps, and laying them flat, and mixing together 8 ounce of cream cheese, with a packet of dry ranch mix. First I apply the cream cheese mixture to the flat soft tortilla, next I take spicy hoagie spread and dollop a few spoon-fulls on top of the cream cheese and spread it around evenly. Lastly I top the tortilla with turkey, you could easily use ham, but I prefer turkey. Once you have all of that you just roll the tortilla and then cut them into one inch chunks. One wrap makes about 9 inch servings.

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt is an easy five minute dessert.

All you need is

4 cups of frozen strawberries

3 tablespoons of honey

1/2 cup of plain yogurt

1 tablespoon of lemon juice.

Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor and serve. Can be stored in an air tight container for a month. It serves four and is super easy, in case you need to make more.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Banana Ice Cream is not only combined with everything I love, but it is also vegan, dairy free and gluten free. All you need is:

2 bananas frozen

1 tablespoon of cocoa powder

1/2 teaspoon of smooth peanut butter.

Thaw the bananas partially and add in the cocoa powder and peanut butter into a blender until smooth, freeze the mixture. Once at the right consistency as to what you desire, scoop out and add toppings of crushed pretzels. Finally an ice cream that is healthy and yummy. Besides who wouldn't want to eat cold ice cream on a hot holiday weekend?

The last recipe is Buffalo Turkey Burgers.

What you'll need:

1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce

1 teaspoon of garlic powder

1 teaspoon of salt

2 tablespoons of milk

1 and 1/4 pounds of ground turkey

1/2 cup of bread crumbs

Combine ingredients and make balls of the mixture and flatten out into patties. Add patties to skillet or grill and cook for seven minutes on each side. If you want cheese add a slice of cheese for the last 30 seconds to a minute just to melt. Top with condiments you prefer.

I hope you enjoy these recipes, and have a great Labor Day weekend!