Healthcare Should Be Free — Here's Why

Every individual in the world has a right to universal health care. No person should risk their health simply for the fact that they cannot afford it. Having to pay for health care confuses the level of necessity, creating it as a privilege than a right.

Universal health coverage is attainable. Every developed country in the world is committed to universal health care, except for The United States. Countries have decided to make the commitment that every citizen of their country should have free healthcare, but there is heavy disagreement in the United States between our two major political parties. Individual ingenuity, competition, and profit is what drives the topic to be so controversial.

Even though there are trade-offs when it comes to universal healthcare, every country has their own solution. Universal health care is not one-size fits all and requires a lot of government spending and regulations. However, the United States is still capable of fulfilling this right.

To afford universal healthcare, countries pay with revenue from income taxes or through influencing private sources. Universal healthcare is great for the economy and creates a more productive workforce. It is attainable no matter how hard it is to figure it out and comes with many economic advantages.