Feminine Hygiene Products Not covered by health insurance

5 Things Health Insurance Can Cover While Still Not Covering Feminine Hygiene Products

Pads and tampons should be free. Period!

1002
Free Images

There comes a day in every girl's life when the reality of your menstrual cycle hits you like a ton of bricks.

It sucks.

Not including the huge inconvenience, periods bring the inconsistent mood swings, painful muscle cramps, and unplanned wardrobe changes.

Sometimes we forget that period also cost an exorbitant amount of money.

According to HuffPost, the average woman spends roughly $2,250 on pads and tampons.

$2,250.

So while you're mulling over this absurd number, please read seven things that are covered by health insurance even when feminine hygiene are not.

1. Gym Membership

Pilates>Pads? Triceps>Tampons?

2. Weight Loss Surgery

I understand how this can be extremely beneficial for many people, but the fact that simple toiletries are not cover and a major surgery is seems ridiculous.

3. Massage

Actually, when I'm on my period, a massage is exactly what I could use. However, I don't really understand how that is a basic health care necessity.

4. Reiki

Described by Dictionary.com as "a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and emotional well-being," Reiki has roots as ancient and far-fetched at The Force from "Star Wars."

5. Viagra

No, just no. Erectile dysfunction in no way will ever be more prevalent than periods. Women experience their periods for about 38 years while only 25% of men over 65-years-old experience ED.

And just remember, I could buy a whole hell of a lot with $2,250.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/18/period-c...