Healing Through A Four Legged Friend

Healing Through A Four Legged Friend

To lose a friend is to gain 2

10
Healing Through A Four Legged Friend
Piximus

Last week I had to lay my fur buddy Serge to sleep after he was diagnosed with a heart murmur and partial lung failure. When I think about how hard it was in that moment I had to share how crucial it is to cherish ever moment with them. Serge was almost 3 so a pretty young dog still and during his last weeks I noticed how different he had became. He would no longer wanted to run with me he always wanted to play with my other dog Bepa. That change made me think later on, was he preparing me for his leaving?

Most people would think I am crazy for saying this but as I was sitting in the room before he left. I was crying and he was so calm, not being anxious, even comforting me. When the vet came and got him he didn't even resist like he normally does and just seeing that made me have peace later on. I knew that he was better off and our short time together was exactly what his purpose on earth was for.

Just to give you some background on Serge. First off he is an American Pitbull Terrier and I got him right before transferring back home from college. At the time I got him for my female because I have always wanted to raise that type of dog to advocate how awesome they really are. Serge came along in the right time because upon transferring I was emotionally distant and my dogs were always there when I needed them. I remember one day just going outside and laying in the grass with them and they both just immediately jumped on me and that was exactly what I needed to get over the day.

Serge was always my protector but he never let his instincts get the best of him. He was very mellow and the best dog I could have ever asked for. So in his absence I found my self thinking how can I feel this void that I am feeling? That was until I let out Bepa and she immediately showed me she was capable of doing so. I never once felt like that again. After almost a week I still miss his smushed face but the peace of mind knowing he fulfilled his purpose and made Bepa feel the void I had just let me know he was always going to be around.

His presence is missed but the contentment that was brung by Bepa was exactly what I needed and for that I am furever grateful for my fur balls and how they are always there for me when I need them most. For those of you who have lost a dog and are still struggling with that. Remember the good, forget the bad, and always remember their purpose on earth is temporary but the lessons learned are forever.

Love and Peace,

Trevor