Sometimes It's Necessary To Heal WITHOUT Closure

You don't always get to say goodbye

349

Sometimes the person you would have done anything for will walk away without a word, whether its a friend or a boyfriend it doesn't matter because it hurts the same.

Sometimes you'll be ghosted by a boy even though you thought everything was going well. Sometimes you'll eventually see that the girl you thought was your best friend isn't a true friend at all. Sometimes you'll be broken up with in the form of cliches like "it's not you, its me," and won’t be given a real explanation of why they left all of a sudden.

Sometimes you won’t be able to figure out what you did wrong. Sometimes you will stay up late, trying to pinpoint the exact moment when the other person decided you were no longer enough. You'll wonder until it eats away at you.

Sometimes you'll do whatever it takes to get closure. Whether it's stalking the other person’s social media, looking for hints about why they left, or even texting and calling a million times. Sometimes you will send texts that go unanswered. Sometimes you will ask questions that are ignored. Sometimes you will feel completely lost, because you have no idea why things ended the way they did.

Sometimes you will pick yourself apart, bit by bit, trying to decide which one of your flaws convinced them to do what they did. Sometimes you'll overanalyze all of the things that have happened in the past. Sometimes you'll start hating yourself just because it’s easier than hating them.

But sometimes, you will need to start your healing process, even though you may not feel like you are not ready. Even though there are still so many things you are unsure about because you never found the closure you were looking for.

Sometimes you will have to find a way to silence the voice in your head that keeps replaying past moments over and over again. Sometimes you'll have to accept the fact that you'll never know the real reason why they left you behind or stabbed you in the back.

Sometimes your ex friend or ex boyfriend isn’t going to sit you down and have an emotional talk with you about why they can’t stay for any longer. Sometimes they aren’t going to care about how much leaving without a word will mess with your emotions. Sometimes they will cut you out of their world to avoid confrontation and sometimes they will only care about themselves.

Sometimes you have to stop looking for answers because you end up hurting yourself more by clinging onto your questions. Sometimes you have to stop obsessively wondering where it all went wrong because they are in your past and that is where they belong.

Sometimes you will have to move on even when it feels like it's impossible. Sometimes you will have to accept that you were betrayed by someone you never expected to hurt you. Because, all the time, acceptance is the biggest gift you can give yourself.