Keep Your Head Up

Keep Your Head Up

5 ways to stay positive in a negative situation

22
Keep Your Head Up

Sometimes in life when it seems like everything is falling apart, it is easy to become negative. Fighting to stay positive will always be better in the long run. We have all had those days where one bad thing happens, and then it seems like you are doomed for the rest of the day. But with a positive attitude, it could turn your whole day around. Here are 5 ways to stay positive even when you get knocked down:

1. Close your eyes

Close your eyes. Even if it is just for five seconds, imagine yourself on a tropical beach. This will get your mind off of the negative thought for a bit.

2. Spin things around

In your mind, spin every unnecessary negative comment into a positive in your head. "Your hair looks terrible," spins into "your hair looks great!" People will be very confused by your happiness.

3. Do not care what others think

A lot of times people care too much about what others think of them. When you stop caring is when you will notice how much more positive your life will be.

4. REMOVE YOURSELF

Remove yourself from others who are being negative. Negativity is the most contagious thing in the world. If you are around others who are negative, you will be negative also.

5. Let out anger

Let out anger later on. Sometimes letting out the anger can be the biggest cure of all: scream into your pillow, punch it, go for a run, or lift weights. Exercising is the best way to get out built up anger and it is good for your body.

These are just some healthy ways to keep a positive outlook on life even in the most negative situations. For every negative in life there are three positive things that you can always think about.