He Is Not Perfect, But Neither Are We

He Is Not Perfect, But Neither Are We

Wanting Donald Trump to fail is like wanting the pilot to crash the plane that we ALL are on.

43
He Is Not Perfect, But Neither Are We
www.politico.com

I was with her, but now I am with him.

For those of you die-hard HRC fans, I understand that you need time to process a multitude of emotions. However, it is not the time to blindly direct hate towards all who support Donald Trump. I have witnessed this over and over again on my newsfeeds in the past week. I am not advocating silence, voice your opinion and continue to stand up for what you believe in. But do not make blanket assumptions about those who did not cast a blue ballot this election cycle. While you shame a man whom you feel is targeting groups of people for religious beliefs and false prejudgments…you are now targeting a group of people based on their political beliefs. Stop creating preconceived judgments about people’s views on women, homosexuals, and abortion while you yourself know nothing about the people behind these polls.

I do not like Donald Trump as a person; I do not like his cocky mentality, or hisderogatory speech. However, he is now my president-elect and I choose to not allow his ego to be a representation of our country and it’s values. I choose to support my leader and do all that I can do to make sure he does make America great again. Moving forward, I do not want to judge Mr. Trump for his past outside of politics. Let's face it, Angelina Jolie was a sex figure half of her life and still went on to be an amazing UN leader. Hillary Clinton had spent her entire career active in politics and still made mistakes. I believe one’s past does not determine future performance. Donald Trump was not breeding himself his entire career to enter politics. So yes, he did do many things that other presidential candidates in the past have not done. And his candid past is what makes him stand out from other presidential candidates. And maybe different is exactly what we need in office to see a real difference in our nation.

From what I have seen, much of our generation has been extremely swayed by the media’s portrayal of this man, given that most of the articles I see being shared along side angry page long captions, are not from CNN, or BBC. They are coming from the same gossipy, one-sided, rumor crazed magazines that tell us Kylie and Tyga’s recent drama every week.

I would never agree with the misogynistic actions or distasteful comments Trump has directed towards women. But honestly, I am over hearing women of my generation come so hardly at Trump for objectifying and sexualizing women when we worship artists like Drake, 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne who make a living off doing the exact same thing. I understand they are not leading our country (thank God) but in the past week this issue has become outstanding. It seems we are finally standing up for ourselves. We should be consistently voicing our opinions and empowering ourselves. Now that we have stood up to Mr. Trump, maybe we should protest these artists we idolize as well? But sadly, when Kevin Gates releases his next #1 single about his “late nights in the club," I’m more likely to see Instagram captions quoting lyrics rather than public outcry. I don’t believe Kanye West is a bad father because of his controversial “Famous” video. I don’t believe anyone who supported the video is sexist. And in that same mindset, I don’t think Trump’s past comments will make him a bad leader. Nor do I believe that all of Trump supporters are hate-filled people.

How did it get to the point that when you disagree with someone you have to be his or her enemy? That is segregation all in itself. This election highlighted the absolute worst in our society and no one party is guilty. Take a step back Millennials. Yes, that did just happened. Rather than trying to wrap our heads around why our friend supported whichever candidate, let's wrap our hearts around each other. It is time to move further together, not further apart.

I want to live in an America where I will not be judged by the color of my vote. While I do not regret my vote for Hillary Clinton I do regret siding with a group of people who would treat another party so poorly for what candidate they believe in.