Having Younger Friends Rocks

Having Younger Friends Rocks

Who says you have to grow up? Well, there's no need to grow up too much, that is...

20
Having Younger Friends Rocks
Facebook

A wise man once said that being an adult is boring. That goes for life and work. The moment that work or even just life feels like work is when you really become an adult. It is best to always strive to be happy with where you're at in your life, no matter if there are a few more stressful days.

Yes, we all grow up in the physical, emotional, and mental sense and we cannot change that. However, each one of us can remember our journey and take pride in that. We can also find ways to maintain our youth and youthful spirits. Whether it be eating right, getting enough exercise and stretching, exfoliation, being immersed in your dream career, or just carrying yourself positively while keeping up with the times, we all have our own ways to remain a kid for as long as we want to.

Perhaps, the best way to remain a kid and stay youthful is to surround yourself with some really good, if not best, friends. For any of you beginning to prepare for life after school or college, if you're finding yourself not quite clicking with people around your age, there is nothing wrong with hanging out with those who are younger than yourself, but can still empathize with your personality when needed.

Let's face it, none of us are ever ready to truly "adult," and most of us love to just let loose and have a good time. Having friends that are younger than yourself can keep you on your toes, keep you active, and keep your mind active as well. Personally, I have a very positive mindset and just love to be goofy while looking to find a way to relate to anyone. I've been wired this way since around the fourth grade.

While I've been very fortunate to have had many friends of all ages, I have had the best connections with the younger crowd. Perhaps it's because I do relate to them the best, enjoy being in a mentor role for them, can have no shame being outlandish with them, and have been where they're at. These are all things I take great pride in when it comes to my friends.

While my personal twist was brief, it's one that most people seem to want to have in their life. We all want to be able to be ourselves with no judgments, and yet, be able to balance out business with pleasure. It is important to never forget the responsibilities you have as an adult, but always try to find a way to make time to rekindle your youthful spirit with your younger crowd.

They are the ones who make your days and weeks go from typical to radical. They are the ones who make the time just fly by, even when there is seemingly not enough. These are the friends that make your life feel pretty damn good. They keep you young, fresh, and constantly hungry to take life by the horns. Lastly, you will never have to grow up too much if you maintain these friendships because although, you will all mature and embark on your own remarkable journeys, there will be that much more to talk about and joke about when you all come full circle once more.

So, no matter what age you are or stage of your life you're at, you should always feel good about channeling your child-like spirit if you need it, especially with the right support around you, because having younger friends rocks.