I'm The One Who Has Many Guy Best Friends

They are just my close friends ... carrying male gender.

60

Yes, and I am not a hoe.

One of my best friends just visited me last week. She is smart, honest, pretty but she has a really strong personality. Instead of dresses, she usually chooses to wear comfortable jeans and shirt, and her hair is even shorter than some guys I know back in high school. We had some drinks, freely told stories about our life, and then out of a sudden, she came up with a question: Is it good to have guy best friends?

Rumors are around her that she is flirty, arrogant and to our culture, she is definitely not a good girl. Her story kept on me until a moment later, I was startled to realize that, if that was what people said about her, then I must have been a hoe the whole time! I counted in my head and I realized that I have many guy best friends than my culture might expect, but this should be no problem at all. I have been living 18 years and already had a tough time, but I never regret having such good friendships with my guys, ever!

Of course, as long as you guys know the boundary for this friendship, you will have so much fun. It's not that I hate hanging out with girls, it's just girls sometimes are complicated and overthinking, and I'm tired of their dramas. Having many guys best friends are really helpful, at least for me.

You might not have a lover, but for real, you really need a guy best friend in your life! Although the world might think there is something wrong, for you, he is just a close friend ... carrying male gender. So why should you care, just the fact that you two understand each other is enough!

Guys can be unprejudiced and thoughtless. They often call me their brother, ask me to have some drinks, their sentences are very normal, and they even tell the darkest story of the boys without being afraid. Maybe, they forgot that I am actually a girl.

This reminds me of one of my guy best friend. Our moms have been friends since we were little, so I can tell that we can be seen as family. Sometimes he might not notice that I'm having a bad day and spontaneously tell me how he was lucky winning a bet with his friends. But with just a phone call or a message, he is willing to lend me his shoulder to rely on my weakness. That feeling is like being protected. We can talk, share and listen, even the two can freely talk like two men. Similarly, he can drink alcohol and get drunk with me, then both will talk and act wildly. I definitely cannot do this with my boyfriend because he should be one of the reasons why I drink alcohol and do crazy things. When he invites me to hang out, I don't need to tell my parents and they never urge me to come home early or call to check where I am. Sometimes it is a good excuse to escape doing housework!

Fortunately, having a guy best friend means that you will be treated like a princess (in a few hours), eating all the food you like (money is still "sharing") and especially it is comfortable. I don't mind crying and cultivating without being afraid of smearing my mascara. I don't even need makeup for hours before going out and totally be myself. A guy best friend will share a lot of miscellaneous things but is willing to hear all your stories. From movies, clothes ... to your relationship. Only he is the one who is patient enough to hear everything without saying a word.

But remember, everything has its relativity. Guy friends can always be a risk. They're cool, funny, smart, easy to hang out... until one of you start having feelings for the other. At that moment, unless you guys figure out a way for your relationship, it will be completely complicated. You can be a perfect couple, or you might lose your recent friendship. Another thing is when they have a new girlfriend, you need to be calm and nice to have a good distance with your guy friend and appreciate his new relationship.