Having A Baby In My Twenties Didn't Ruin Them

I Became A Mom In College And Continued To Pursue My Degree To Show My Daughter Anything Is Possible

While I'm still finding myself, I also get to help my daughter discover who she is as well.

394
Ashley Sweeney

I found out I was pregnant with my daughter exactly one month before turning 21. And for some girls, this is a pretty scary thought not being able to go out and celebrate the big milestone of hitting the legal age. And don't get me wrong, it was still terrifying finding out that I would become a mother a little earlier than I expected. I was, and still am, in college, and honestly didn't know if I was going to be prepared to become a mom on top of being a wife and student.

Now being only 23, with a 2-year-old, who can sometimes challenge me, she has taught me way more than I ever thought was possible. As our time together grows, I feel our relationship grew even stronger. She has become my other half and has put so much more purpose in my life. And as I continue school, I'm no longer just doing it for me, I'm doing it for my family. I'm doing everything to show my daughter that anything is possible no matter what. And with hard work, anyone can pursue their dreams.

It may seem that I gave up my 20s to raise my daughter, but it is the biggest blessing I could have ever had. And while I know many 23-year-olds are out binge-drinking to end their week, I couldn't be happier with snuggling with my mini-me at the end of a long week. And even though it's a popular thought that after having kids you no longer do anything, I haven't given up on myself or making memories with my friends either.

For most, the 20s are the time many find themselves. And while I'm still finding myself, I also get to help my daughter discover who she is as well and that's one of my favorite things about watching her grow with me.

.