Here's Why Having A Guy Best Friend Is Amazing

Sometimes, having a guy best friend hits differently.

8

Best friends are essential in life. It's always nice to have someone you completely trust and enjoy being around, to always have someone that you can talk to and laugh with about stupid things. Having someone that you know cares about you and will have your back is so good to have in your life. Your best friend should be someone who you get along with so well and without any competitiveness or jealousy.

In terms of being a girl, this can be a issue if your best friend is another girl. When having a guy best friend, it is sometimes so much easier to get along because there is less fighting. Girls can create drama between themselves with fighting over boys and (in some cases) this doesn't have to be an issue with your guy best friends! There are some cases where the guy best friend is into guys too, and this can be super fun as well! When one of my best guy friend came out as gay to me, we had such a good time going on Tinder and looking for guys for each other!

If you are having trouble with boys, asking your guy best friend could give you different insights on how a guy thinks. Sometimes we can get so wrapped up with ourselves that we forget to think about how the other person is feeling, and if you have a guy best friend, they could tell you how your crush is feeling! If your guy best friend truly cares about you, he would want you to be happy and in a healthy relationship, so it's super helpful to get the other opinion if your confused. Having a guy best friend can show you a side that you probably haven't thought about and it can be reassuring sometimes.

Best friends come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, and it shouldn't matter what they look like, all that should matter to you is that they are there for you and support you. In my opinion, having a guy best friend can be easier sometimes because girls can have this underlying jealousy that gets in between them, but in my relationship with my guy best friend, there is none of that. Getting along with my guy best friend comes naturally and sometimes, it feels so much easier to be friends with him more than my other female friends. Even though it may seem easier, it definitely isn't always like this with a friendship between a guy and a girl, which is totally okay! Your best friend is going to be a person you trust and love hanging out with!