I Haven't Worn Makeup In Months, And I Don't Hate It

I used to be one of those people that would never go out without some sort of makeup on. I would get up super early for school to do my hair and put on a full face of makeup. I'm not really sure why I felt that I needed to wear makeup all the time. My skin was fairly clear so it's not like it needed to cover much up. I think it just made me feel prettier.

Over the last five or six months, however, I've almost completely stopped wearing makeup. The extent of my makeup wearing has been a little mascara and that is basically it.

And let me tell you, I feel great. And the funny thing is, my skin has more blemishes than it ever has.
That's partly why I decided to stop wearing such heavy foundation; I wanted to give my skin some time to breathe. But the longer I went without wearing any makeup, the more I realized that I don't need it.

I don't need to rely on cosmetics to cover up my imperfections. If anyone has a problem with my natural face, then those aren't people I need in my life in the first place.

Now, don't get me wrong, I still love makeup! In fact, I think makeup is amazing and it can greatly boost your confidence. There are so many things you can do with all the different cosmetics available today; it truly is an art.

I won't quit wearing makeup forever, but I won't rely on it either.