Have You Found Your People?

Have You Found Your People?

Finding your people will take time but they're out there, don't worry.

119
Have You Found Your People?
Halie Cote

Have you ever gotten to the point in your life where you didn’t know where you belonged? Was everyone making you feel all alone? Were you isolated by your peers? Was someone who showed you that you are someone important or a group of people who proved your worth it?

Throughout life, you have or are going to run into people who make you feel worthless like you're not even there. You’ll also meet the people who will make your life a living hell. Those people who make you feel like that aren’t worth your time.

They’re only putting you down just so they can make themselves feel better or because they have nothing better to do with their time. But then you'll meet people that make you feel like you're worth everything, that you are important. That they truly care for you and are always there for you.

The people that cross your path all throughout your life will either stay or leave. You can’t help but see what happens. The ones that stay are your forever people and the ones that leave are the people that will teach you a lesson even though it takes us 4 to 5 times to get the lesson.

For me, I meet my forever people after I left high school and left JWU and went to CCRI. That's where I meet Halie, Abby, Shelbe, and Bailey. Even though I haven’t known them that long it feels like I've known them my whole life and every second I’m with them I’m at my happiest. Even when they annoy me they’re the only people I trust with my life other than my family.

How Halie and I meet was, she was talking to Abby about the barn and I turn my head so fast because I thought I heard her say “bar” instead of the barn. Abby and I met by a mutual friend. The first day I meet Bailey was very interesting because I didn’t know what to make of him at first anyways he walked up to the table with Halie, Abby, and I and he picks up the Oreos I brought in, he goes to throw them away because he thought they were Halie’s Oreos until they said they were mine.

And Shelbe and I met the same day as Bailey and she just walked over to the table and said hi. For me, meeting new people is hard because I’m very shy and scared because of my past. But they’re more than just friends they’re my family but there are a few more people to add to this family.

The others that are in this second family of mine are the ones that I met at Mishnock Barn and I didn’t say one thing to them when I first met them because it's hard for me to talk to new people. But these people are Becca, Tessa, and Becca’s mom. They have been there for me since I meet them and I couldn’t be more thankful for them.

I never thought I would find anyone like any of these people from Halie, Abby, Bailey, Shelbe, Becca, Tessa, and Becca’s mom it's all new to me to have amazing friends who are more like my family there for me than anything else.

Having them as my family means the whole world to me, I wouldn’t have been able to get through some of the things I’ve gone through without them there for me. Life has been different since I meet you guys and I’m blessed that you're here. I love you guys with all my heart.