Why We Have To Keep Up Our Fight With Trump
Politics

Don't stop resisting Trump - even if you're tired.

5
Instagram
  1. Michael Flynn was fired. While the details surrounding the Flynn controversy are still foggy at best, at least he is no longer a part of the administration. Had there not been public backlash to the sketchiness surrounding Flynn, it is highly unlikely Flynn would have been forced to resign. If we had allowed this behavior to be normalized, Flynn might still be the national security advisor.
  2. Bannon was removed from the National Security Council. This happened over a month ago and I still breathe a sigh of relief typing that. When Steve Bannon, a man with no national security experience, was appointed to the NSC, this deeply troubled many national security advisers. Their opposition as well as all of ours and the public pressure resulted in his removal from the council.
  3. Kansas and Georgia. Both these states had special elections for seats in the House of Representatives. In Kansas, the Republican candidate won. However, in this deeply red district, he won only by a very slim margin. This just shows the power of the movement, and while we have work to do, it makes clear that the efforts aren’t going to waste. In Georgia, there will now be a runoff between the Democratic and Republican candidates. In the primary, the Democratic candidate won 48% of the votes. This district in Georgia is also heavily conservative.
  4. Blocking of the travel ban. Donald Trump has twice now tried - and failed - to implement a travel ban on travel and refugees from predominantly Muslim countries. Judges in multiple states have blocked this ban, deeming it unconstitutional.
  5. We are being heard. Even if we do not currently hold the power in government, we are the people of the United States and we can not be ignored. All of our protests and our calls do not go unnoticed.

It is so incredibly important that despite are the setbacks, we do not get discouraged and lose momentum. Our movement is only starting to grow, and our accomplishments thus far may be small but they have the potential to grow so much more. 100 days may have already felt like forever, but there are still so many more to go and we absolutely can not give up now. We must be equally as motivated every day as we were on election day if we want to be taken seriously, and to keep this going.