truths
Health Wellness

Harsh truths that nobody wants to accept and how to deal with them.

Sometimes the truth is just not what we want to hear.

77

Our lives are not equal and never will be.

We have all heard the old cliché that life is not fair. Turns out it has never been and it will never be. Many countries over the years pushed hard for a more egalitarian society by allowing the less fortunate to have more opportunities but the truth is some people will more likely to win at life than others. People born in certain countries will have access to better education and healthcare. People born with certain genetics will be healthier and live longer. People born to certain backgrounds will have better opportunities and advantages to succeed. Now how do we face our shortcomings is what is really important. If you know you are prone to getting certain diseases, there are steps you can take to maximize your health so you can live longer. If you are born in poor social economic class, you can educate yourself and learn skills that help you reach financial successes. The goal is not to compare our lives with others but do what we can do to better ourselves and take a step closer to our dream life by making the best of what we have.

Nobody cares about your problems except for your families and maybe close friends.

We all have problems and conflicts in our lives but the world does not care for you as an individual unless you are some famous celebrity. There are seven billion of us floating on this planet and each of us is our own protagonist in our lives. When we have a problem it is so easy for us to suddenly think we are the center of the world and the world owes us something but the world owes us nothing. Now let have a real-life example of this. If you are one out of a thousand employees that work in an employer that values performances and efficiency, and if you fail to meet their expectancy, you get laid off. It is so easy to blame your problems that affected performance such as, the trainer is incompetent, just had a bad breakup or were just stressed out. Whatever your excuses were your boss probably did not care about your problems and the fact that you were not efficient enough, you were probably let go. You have to learn how to resolve your problems without interfering with other aspects of your life. Broadcasting your problems to the whole world does not solve anything.

It is always easier to blame others for your failures and shortcomings than take responsibilities yourself.

You have more control over your life than you think unless you live in a third world country that forced you into slavery. There will always be out of our control external circumstances that can interfere with us but it is our choice on how we react to it. Too many people complain about their lives and yet does nothing to improve themselves. Many people did not reach their goals often blame things like lack of resources, money or time. For example, you probably know someone who always complains that he has bad grades because of his bad teachers yet spends 5 hours every day watching Netflix or the girl who cannot pay off her loans but go on shopping sprees every week. We all have the same hours, the amount of days per week and what you chose to do with it is in your hands. If you are not satisfied with your job, learn new skills so you can get a better one. If you are not happy with where you live, save enough money so you can move. Your actions in the past played a huge part in where you are today and what you do today will lead to your future.

One major reason you cannot find someone is because you have high standards for others yet fail to raise standards for yourself.

This does not apply to everyone of course. People stay single for all kind of reasons too. Many people who complain there are not enough quality people often fail to evaluate themselves. For example, many people are looking for qualities in a partner such as being successful, funny, loyal, athletic, and honesty but they themselves do not possess these qualities. The truth is you are not entitled to high-quality person for simply existing. If you have to be the right person first before you can find the right person. It is also important that your partner's values are aligned with yours.

Everyone you love will be gone eventually

Yes, everyone. Your dog, your spouse, your family and even you will be gone eventually. This is the hardest pill for most people to swallow. Too many people dwell on petty things that they forget the things that really matter to them. Instead of trying to impress your people who don't even like you, call your grandparents instead if they are still around. Thank those who inspired and pushed you to succeed. We often take loved ones for granted until they are gone. As we grow older, we realize our time is more limited. No one will care more for you than your loved ones.