Life Lessons From Harry Potter

Life Lessons From Harry Potter

Because reading can actually help you in life

41
Life Lessons From Harry Potter

Most people know the story of Harry Potter, the boy who lived. Through the books and the movies we have learned some pretty important life lessons.

1.) Friends will always be there

In the beginning you meet the characters Harry, Ron and Hermoine and throughout the stories their friendship just gets stronger. They have survived through Dementors and Death Eaters, Dolores Umbridge and Horcruxes. These 3 will always have a bond that can never be broken.

2.) Bravery

All of the characters in the books were all brave at one point, you kind of have to be when you go to wizard school. Harry has courage when he faces Voldemort or when Neville was brave when he broke the rules. Each of us are brave in our own way whether it's little or small.

3.) The element of surprise

People can surprise you. Judging a book by it's cover is something we don't take too seriously sometimes. The books showed us that we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. For instance Hagrid is a really tall half giant and he can come off as intimidating when really he's really nice and caring.

4.) Asking for help

Most of the times we don't like asking for help because it makes us feel weak and unintelligent. Harry Potter has shown us that's it's okay to ask for help. For instance Harry doesn't like asking for help. Whether it's during the Triwizard Tournament to even asking a simple question. Also Hermoine doesn't like asking for help sometimes either. She assumes she knows everything when sometimes she doesn't.

5.) True love

Love is a common theme that is brought up multiple times. These stories have shown us that true love will always last. Whether it's Lily's love for Harry when she protects him or Snape's love for Lily. True love will always be.

Those are some life lessons from the Harry Potter series. Reread the books and see if you can find anymore life lessons!