7 Reasons Why I Love Harry Potter

7 Reasons Why I Love Harry Potter

Of course it's seven reasons.

15006
7 Reasons Why I Love Harry Potter
Buzzfeed

For every Harry Potter fan, there are multiple reasons why we chose to get lost in the magical world. There are so many lessons to be learned and magical moments to experience every time someone opens the book. For me, these are the top seven.

1. It lets me escape to a magical world

Growing up, life wasn't the greatest. If I ever wanted to escape, all I had to do was crack open a book or pop in a DVD and my mind could escape to a place full of wizards, ghosts, basilisks, hipogriffs, trolls, death eaters, pygmy puffs and so much more. I could live alongside Harry and his friends while they tried to save the wizarding world.

2. It taught me that life's not always fair, but you have to keep fighting

Harry was an orphan after his parents died and was treated terribly by his aunt and uncle. There was no escape and before Hagrid showed up, he thought he was going to have to live this way forever. He hated his life, but things worked out. Even the next seven years he spent fighting for his life and lost many friends, it all still worked out. Things will work out if you keep fighting.

3. It taught me that love conquers all

Harry, Hermione and Ron stick together until the very end. They love one another and would do anything for each other. Together, along with others, they defeated evil. Remus and Tonks died together. James and Lily died together. Their love stayed with them until the very end. Snape stayed loyal to Dumbledore because of his love for Lily. Love conquered evil; love conquers all.

4. It taught me to be selfless

There is a huge list of characters in the books who are selfless. Harry risks his life each year to save other students and defeat Voldemort, Ron goes with Harry and risks his life every year, Hermione does the same and has to put a memory charm on her parents, Snape acts as a double agent, Dobby risks punishment from his master and ultimately death to save Harry, and the whole Order of the Phoenix is willing to risk their lives for the greater good. Helping others is more important than helping yourself.

5. It made me feel every emotion at once

It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me scream and it gave me that pit in my stomach full of suspense. I laughed at the shenanigans of Fred and George along with the sass of Harry and the many one-liners of Ron. I cried at the losses throughout the series and the Battle of Hogwarts. I screamed at Snape as he fled the scene of Dumbledore's death and the great hall. I sat feeling as if was going to vomit as Harry walked into the forest then cheered when Harry finally ended him.

6. It has given me words to live by

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” “You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve." Plus many, many more.

7. It will stay with me, until the very end. Always.

Unlike friends and family who come and go in your life, Harry Potter will always be there to comfort you. It has made great memories and has created numerous friends and bonds. It's a special community we'll always be a part of. “No story lives unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” - J.K. Rowling