I'm Addicted To 'Harry Potter: Wizards Unite' And I'm Proud

Call me a nerd, I dare you.

13
Personal Photo

The game, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, came out mid-June and I have been playing ever since. I didn't think I would play that much because I never really played 'Pokémon GO' back when that phenomenon started. But once I played for the first time, I couldn't put it down. Now I play religiously. Every. Single. Day.

The only reason I downloaded the game was because my girlfriend was super excited about it and I wanted to know what the hype was all about. I love Harry Potter, so when I started playing, I got really into it.

There are a lot of things to do within the game. There are foundables or collectibles, such as characters, animals, and props, to capture by casting spells. There are potions to create using ingredients that you collect. There are portkeys to open by walking certain distances. There are fortresses to enter in order to partake in challenges and collect more foundables and increase chances of leveling up. There are inns to visit to collect energy to use to catch foundables or participate in challenges. There are greenhouses to collect ingredients and grow different things. It's all so exciting.

It's especially fun because there's a lot of stuff to find and collect around the FSU campus. Since I take classes Monday through Friday, I play on my walk to class from the parking garage, in between classes, and after class when I walk back to the parking garage. Both of my classes are an inn so if I'm low on energy, I can collect more every five minutes. Dirac Library is a fortress, which means constant challenges while studying.

For about a week, I was leveling up every day because I was playing so much. Now, I have to limit myself so I don't lose too much time playing the game. It's a very distracting game, sometimes. You get sucked in once you start collecting and you just want to collect everything before it all disappears. Every once and in a while, I'll go on walks around campus just to see what I can collect.

It's lowkey a problem, but it's one of the better things I could be doing with my time. Plus, it gets me walking around a lot more than I usually do. All in all, I enjoy the game and I can't wait until I collect everything. We'll see how long it lasts.