10 Things Only 'Harry Potter' Super-Fans Understand

10 Things Only Harry Potter Fans Who Aced Their O.W.Ls And N.E.W.Ts Will Understand

Don't let the muggles get you down.

365
hermione granger harry potter and ron weasley

I remember the first time I ever read the Harry Potter series. I started them in third grade and continued to read them into the fall of fourth. It was the best of times. I loved the feeling of immersing myself into that magical world. And I did it again and again and again. Ever since then, I have been a die hard Harry Potter STAN. Here is a small list of things you will only get if you, like me, will never let the magic die.

You know your Hogwarts house AND your Ilvermorny house

If you are a for real for real Harry Potter super-fan, you most likely have a Pottermore account. It's amazing. You can read all about your houses and the history of the schools. The magic lives on!

You either love or hate your Patronus

There are a number of tests on the internet that can tell you what your Patronus is, but I think the best one is again, Pottermore. Somehow, though, everyone I've talked to is either obsessed with their results or feels ashamed. Embrace them! Whether you're a Thestral like myself or a salmon or even a white mouse, own it!

One of the first questions you ask new friends is what house they're in

Or, better yet, you can guess which house someone is in based off of a few interactions.

Wanting or having a HP tattoo

At some point, I'm almost certain every Harry Potter stan on the face of the planet wanted a Deathly Hallows tattoo or the lightning bolt with Harry's glasses... or the three stars, or the Golden Snitch or the 9 3/4 sign, or... OK, you get my point.

You have a favorite book and a favorite movie

The books are always better than the films, but you still love the movies and the way they brought a little bit of the magic to life. Your favorite book and your favorite movie all rely on which out of those series made you feel that magic the most.

You cried HARD at the deaths of your favorite characters 

Not to name names but *cough* Sirius Black, *cough cough* Dobby, *cough* Fred Weasley, *cough cough cough* Albus Dumbledore, *cough cough* Remus Lupin, *cough* Nymphadora Tonks, *cough cough* Severus Snape, *cough* Hedwig, *cough cough* Cedric Diggory, *cough* "Mad-Eye" Moody, *cough* I think I'm coming down with something...

If you've been to Universal in Orlando, seeing Hogsmeade, the castle, and Diagon Alley

Hearing the music playing, smelling the sweets from Honeydukes, finally tasting butterbeer... it's overwhelming and magical and wonderful... and then you keep walking and see the castle and you feel like a first year... *sigh*

You can quote some of your favorite lines off the top of your head 

Whenever I'm feeling discouraged, I always somehow manage to think up one of Albus Dumbledore's infamous quotes. He said, "Happiness can be found even in the darkest times if one only remembers to turn on the light."

You have some Hogwarts gear 

Some of us have Quidditch jersey's for our teams, or quilts with the Hogwarts crest, or a cute little Niffler that hangs from our key chain. They're all like little reminders of the magical world that we've grown to know and love.

You know you wouldn't be the same without Harry Potter

Magic is now a part of you. You dare to dream of far off places, with spells and dragons and friendship and love. Good versus Evil. The fight for good. Harry Potter is a part of you, but you wouldn't have it any other way.