The Election As Told By Harry Potter Characters

Accio President!
11

Witches and wizards that tuned into the 2016 U.S. election probably have a long list of notes on what not to do with their own Ministry of Magic.

The Wizarding World has experienced its fair share of chaos with dark witches and wizards running amok, but nothing's scarier than a bunch of Muggles acting like Death Eaters.

Here’s a list of your favorite Harry Potter characters reacting to the presidential election from beginning to end:

When word first got to the Wizarding World about the chosen candidates of the election.

Did the Daily Prophet get it right? Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton?

Watching endless amounts of political advertisements.

Dumbledore would not approve your message.

Watching the presidential debates.

Puppets? Nasty women? Ripping babies out of wombs? Muggles are sounding a little loony. Luna Lovegood would agree.

Trying to pick a candidate to support.

Does the candidate choose the wizard?

A majority of the Muggle population fighting on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

So many expletives and name-calling! There's not enough parchment paper in Diagon Alley to record these Muggle arguments.

WAIT, what is Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram?

Realizing Muggles can’t agree to disagree.

Watching Muggles freak out during Election Day.

They're definitely worse than Hermione during Potions class.

MORE social media fighting.

How are Muggles going to co-exist after this?!

Waiting for the results to come in.

The Wizarding World's become invested in the outcome too, because hello, Muggle Relations!

Officially hearing who the elected candidate is.

All of us — Muggles, witches, wizards, squibs, giants, centaurs, house-elves — we've all waited so long for it to be over!

The country's made its decision.

But whether you feel like this about the results:

Or this about the results:

You've got to stay involved.

If you didn't (and/or still don't) support Donald Trump, at least support the notion of his idea — Making America Great Again. Create YOUR OWN version of it. Yes, he's POTUS for the next four years. But guess what? You're an American forever. You can still make a difference, whether you're red, white, blue, or wizard.

"While we may come from different places, and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one." - Albus Dumbledore