A Happy Farewell - Thank You, Odyssey

A Happy Farewell - Thank You, Odyssey

This platform changed my college experience.

2533
A Happy Farewell - Thank You, Odyssey

As an active writer on the Odyssey platform since September of 2019, I learned about this platform through my school Florida Gulf Coast University. As my roommate was already a member and on the executive team for the FGCU Odyssey group, she encouraged me to join.

But this group was not like many college clubs where you were a member and you just would go sit in on meetings but not really do anything. Instead, this club was something that had all members actively participate each week by writing new content. From writing lifestyle to entertainment focused articles, I was able to express my interests in the form of writing and have fun with it!

Not only did Odyssey let me express my creativity, it let me grow inside and outside of the group.

After one semester in, I applied to become the FGCU Odyssey treasurer, and was able to fill that role for multiple semesters. I was able to gain funding for our club through two different bills over my time as treasurer and attend treasury trainings to help our group grow and thrive. Having the experience of being treasurer for a club let me build up my resume and help me better my future, which I will forever be grateful for.

As for inside the group, I was able to give my readers fun financial insights from the value of the luxury resale market to couponing hacks. I was also was able to write on topics that interested me, from "The College Girl's Guide" series of articles related to student life and seasonal topics to entertainment articles, one of which I got over 4750 views!

As an Accounting major where everyday is a new set of numbers and scenarios, having an outlet to promote my creativity is so important. While this might be the end of my Odyssey articles, this won't be the end of my writing journey. Goodbye Odyssey. Hello The Narrative on Medium!