A Happy Birthday Speech To My Dad

A Happy Birthday Speech To My Dad

To a great man and amazing father.

49922
A Happy Birthday Speech To My Dad
Faith Lockhart

The beginning of June marks a fabulous time of the year: my father's birthday. And this year, it just isn’t any old birthday we were celebrating, it’s his 50th birthday! It’s not very often we get to celebrate someone being old, so I say we all take a drink to that.

I’m the lucky kid who has the privilege of being the daughter of the birthday boy, and for this birthday, I wanted to recall some of his best moments in the past 49 years of his life.

My father is an avid fisher, golfer, drinker, businessman, and master of sarcasm. You probably know of him because of one of these things and these are all reasons that make him a pretty special dude. But what does a week in the life of Brian consist of? What makes this dude so cool that we’ve all decided to come here and celebrate his birthday? Let’s find out.

During the week he’s a regular dude like you and me. He sits in his office from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (if he’s lucky), introducing people to the fabulous world of car lifts. He’s constantly telling people they shouldn’t accept their lifts if there is any obvious or significant damage (we’re talking bent steel). He has that signature tone on the phone all day that leads customers to think he’s a robot and if you get a chance, ask him to give you his sales pitch, I’m sure he’ll appreciate it.

On Saturday and Sunday mornings, you can find him out on the lake trying to reel in the big ones. One of the saddest days of his life was when his Bass Club Members Only Jacket flew out of the back of his pickup truck (it was one of the happiest days of our lives). In this modern era of technology, he takes some pretty rad selfies with his catchings.

On Tuesday nights, you’ll see him on the golf course laughing it up like he’s a little school girl. It’s mostly the rum and coke talking, but he never fails to have a fun time on the golf course Tuesday nights. If you ever see my father and his friends out on a Tuesday night, be prepared for a night of boyish debauchery.

All these hobbies in the life of Brian Lockhart make him a fascinating man, but those aren’t my favorite moments of his life. For me, things like his ability to give a sarcastic joke while impersonating Cliff Clavin at any given moment, him being the best ride buddy at amusement parks, the tough but loving lessons he gives and many more are the reasons why he is a great man and an amazing father.

It's these reasons (and many more) that I'm thankful to have this man as my father, rather than anyone else out there. He's a man who knows how to rock a satin Versace suit and give his family all his loving at the same time. With that I hope everyone can see what my dad is the coolest dad (sorry to all the other dads out there) and that's why I want to wish him a very special happy birthday.