Happy Birthday To My Friends Who I Won't See on Their Birthdays

I wish I was there to celebrate with you.
3543

To a precious friend on their birthday,

Happy, happy birthday my dear friend. I hope your day is special and filled with frosting, sprinkles and wonderful celebrations. You deserve it. I miss you like crazy. If there was a way for me to drop what I am doing and come to see you on your birthday, I would. Sadly the cross-country travel is a little difficult at this time. If there was a way for me to pack up, even for just a day, to come and spend your birthday with you, know that I would be with you in a heartbeat.

I miss you more than you know. The late night talks with you are what kept me sane last semester. I knew that summer would be lonely without you, but I didn’t expect it to feel like this. There are so many times I expect to walk right down the hall and see you there, but you aren’t, and my brother is. Unfortunately, he doesn’t give the same hugs that you do and offer the same great advice.

And I wish that I was there for you, too. It isn’t like I am the only one with problems to face. I know that you have things going on as well, and I wish that I could be there for you to help you with them. Hopefully, you have someone at home to talk to. If not, sit down and write them to me in a letter. I will do my best to help you out in any way that I can.

Next semester we will have a true celebration for you. You deserve it for sure. I can make your favorite cake, and I will save the bowl so that you can lick the batter. One random morning you will wake up to a decorated room. I cannot tell you when — that is a part of your long-awaited birthday surprise. We can stay up late, watch a movie you like, or get dressed up and go out to dinner. You choose, it will be your (way) late birthday treat.

May God bless you on your birthday, my friend. May he shower you with his gifts and you feel his strong presence throughout your special day. I will always keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Just know that I love you so much and thank God that I have someone special like you in my life every day. He has truly blessed me by letting me have such an amazing friend like you. If you ever feel alone and think that there is no one there this summer, smile and remember how much I love and miss you and know that I am beyond blessed to have you in my life.

Love,

Your friend