Happy Birthday To My Best Friend and Mom

Love is Patient, Love is kind and most of all, it shines the brightest through you

1062

Today, 45 years ago, One of the most influential people to not just me but to anyone who crosses paths with her was born. To me, she is the most amazing woman in the entire world(I may be biased, but I know many others that would agree). And here's why...

L.O.V.E

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

"4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

You've taught me and so many others a whole new meaning of love. And more importantly, you have taught us to love just as Jesus loves us. Your heart is so pure, kind and shines no matter where you go. You've somehow managed to love 6 children plus my sweet sister and brother-in-law, almost 6 grandchildren, dad, your friends, our sweet community, and anyone who happens to come in any of our lives even if it is for just a short time. And what's amazing is you can make us all feel equally loved even being scattered around in different parts of the state and country. How is that possible...? I'm almost positive it's because God sprinkled a little more of his grace on you than most to share with anyone that comes your way. Anyone who enters your presence feels so welcomed and accepted in who they are; even if they are a complete stranger. I've seen you love people who didn't deserve it but knew they needed it the most. Because of you, I've learned that love isn't something that you do expecting it in return, it's something you do out of the graciousness of your heart.

There's Actually A Point To This:

Before I go on with several reasons of why I'm thankful for my mom, I just wanted to say Thank You to anyone who is reading this. I know it seems that I am only writing this to my mom, which I am, but I'm also writing to anyone who has an amazing mom, or maybe even someone that my mom reminds them of! And if you do, GO GIVE THEM A HUGE HUG AND LET THEM KNOW HOW AMAZING THEY ARE, RIGHT NOW!! You never know how much longer you have with that certain someone.

Lately here in the College Station area, there have been several accidents, and it really got me thinking about the people I take for granted in my life. They could be gone in a blink of an eye.

Being 20 and in college, it's so easy for me to forget about small moments and how much meaning someone actually has in my life. It's easy for anyone because we're human and get caught up in the reality of every day things. I've made a point to make it a habit every day around the same time, usually 12, to give both my parents a call and talk about whatever it is that is going on that day or maybe just something I've been dealing with emotionally. That's a huge step for me because growing up, I loathed talking about my feelings. It's something I still work on, believe it or not, but I've seen a huge change in my relationship with both of my parents. I'm much happier as well, do to the fact that the relationship and love with the two people who made you, can't compare to any other besides God himself.

I could name several more people I need to start doing that with as well. But instead, it's easy to forget because of the friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, school, jobs, etc. that keep our mind busy. Never forget the person(s) who has had the most meaning and positive affect in your life. The person/people who has helped shape who we are as an individual and will continue to do so until they're time here is done. Because in the end, whether it be just one person or a few, they're going to be there when you feel like you're alone in this confusing world. You can have a million acquaintances or "friends" and still feel like the loneliest person, but when you find a person or few people who make you're heart whole, hold on to them and never let go.

Like I mentioned before, you never know how much longer you will have with someone. It takes only a few minutes out of your day to let them know what they mean to you. And if you physically can't, call them, send them a text, or maybe even send them a letter. It's amazing how much your few words could mean. You could turn their day, or even life, around in just those few moments.

Mom, You Matter More Than You Know, and Here's Why:

Remember how I said I know others who would agree that you are the most amazing woman in the world..? Well, here's a "few" people's life that you have effortlessly touched not just by your beauty and presence, but by your actions and gracious heart...

Dad:

"I am grateful for you because you are my best friend, the love of my life, and make me feel complete. I love everything about you; your laugh, your smile, the way you look at me when you're mad, and so much more. I couldn't imagine my life without you for one minute. You complete us- I can't wait to spend the next twenty-plus years and write another chapter with our sweet grandkids that our babies have given us and will continue to do so. You are the most generous, kind-hearted and BEAUTIFUL person I know. I'm the luckiest man alive. Happy Birthday my Dearest Wife."

Amber:

"Your presence in life is very special to mine, Billy's and our kids. There is nothing more special to me than you. You taught us wrong from right and about Jesus Christ. You were there when I wasn't making good choices even though you didn't have to be. Thank you for being someone I can look up to, and someone I can count on. You are a one in a million kind-hearted mother. I love you with all my heart and soul. Happy birthday sweet mother of mine. "

Matthew:

"What can I say? I don't know of a stronger or kinder woman than you. How you managed to raise us 6 trouble makers baffles me. I sincerely appreciate you never giving up on any of us and striving to keep your faith at the heart of our family. You've taught me so much about life, love, and family and I look forward to sharing that kind of love with my own now. I love you Mom. Cheers to the next 55 years!"

Aly:

"Thank You for being the best mom I could ever have. You and dad have been so supportive to me my entire (12 years) of life and I appreciate that. You make sure that I have everything I need, buy me stuff I want, and "weather" (whether, lol) it is the way you comfort me when I'm down or the way in which your hugs magically wiped out my frown, you have been there day after day to make sure that I feel loved. I love you so much. Happy Birthday, Mommy."

Gracie:

"I don't even know where to start. Let's just go with Thank You. Thank You for loving me even when I don't deserve it because we all know, I can be a stinker at times. Okay most of the time, but your love never falters. Thank You for providing me with all my needs and more. Thank You for watching out for me even when I get mad about it because at the time, I don't understand. But I want you to know that I do get why you're doing it and I am very thankful for that. Thank You for helping me keep my priorities straight so that I can reach the goals that we set together. THANK YOU for everything that you have done for me. I'll always look up to you in admiration not only as a mom but as a person because of who you are. I love you sooo much. Happy Birthday Mom! You're Trouble Maker, Gracie "

Daisy:

Janet, "I am thankful to have you in my life. You have welcomed me , Joey, then Aj and lastly, Jessi. You make us feel so special. I love watching you with your family too. I hope your day is filled with overwhelming love and chocolate."

Aunt Donna:

Janet, "I am sitting here watching Monday night football.. I started thinking of all the wonderful times we have shared. Most of them ended with us laughing but a lot of them with tears as well. (Graham Crappers will always bring a smile to my face) I first met you when I needed someone to watch Kayla after school. I remember hurrying home from work to hopefully beating Jeff before he got home because he was so scary. I will never forget crying in front of your house when we saw a rainbow in the sky and you told me what it meant. I was raised in Church but that day everything looked so different because I was different! I Loved our trips to Church with the phone call coming in "Do you have Abby? " with only me replying "No, I thought you did?" You then would have to turn around because she was left. You were there with me through two of the hardest times in my life!! First when we went through the trial with the boys. I would not have made it through without you! Your strength was so strong that it carried me. Second when we lost dad! I say we because he loved you so much! Once again I pulled strength from you! I know no matter where I am, I can always count on you! You know my weakness and my strengths. You always have the right words at the right time! I love you my sister and I pray you have an AMAZING birthday!"

Tookie Mullen:

My Dear Friend Janet, "From the first day I have been in Jarrell, you have supported all of Jarrell including the school and the community. You love the people and this place more than people imagine. You are a complete family woman who through your religious convictions, has proven to all of us to be a friend and loyal supporter. I personally wouldn't know what to do without you. You have been there for me and my family from day one. Not only that but the school has always known they could count on you for many years. When you went to work for the city that was just icing on the cake.You proved again that you are here for everyone.I probably need to apologize to you because I along with this community and the school count on you way too much.I will always consider you a very dear and sincere friend whom I love very much."

Tomie Fox:

My Sweet Janet, " You are and always will be a special person in my life. I say this because you were there with me when I became a Christian. You were by my side as a baby growing in the Lord, as well as nurtured ,and loved me while doing so. But most importantly, you discipled me. We shared wonderful times together and created special memories as we were starting our families and raising our babies. I will forever be grateful for you and our sweet friendship... Happy Birthday my Dear Friend"

Aunt Beverly:

My Dearest Janet, "I love that we don't have to be around one another all the time to easily reconnect. It is because of the love of our Lord! We are kindred spirits. We have some wonderful memories my sweet friend! May the joy of the Lord always fill your heart. Poem to You: Some friendships are based on material things, like good feelings and flowers - they'll fade. Our friendship has gone through joy and some pain and stayed strong 'cause the price Christ has paid. Happy Birthday! Love Always, Beverly"

Lisa Perry:

Janet, "Our paths crossed 27 years ago and I am so grateful that we have so many great memories together. Thank you for loving and caring for my family. Happy Birthday Sweet Friend of mine. Love Always, Lisa"

The Final Rant From The Middle Child:

Lastly, (me) :

To My Biggest Supporter,

As a little girl watching every move you made, I can remember thinking that you were the absolute most beautiful, and graceful human in the world. And that hasn't changed. For the 20 years I have been alive, (15 of which I remember) you have only grown even more beautiful and graceful when I didn't think it was possible! Everyone can vouch for me when I say you are stunning physically, but just as you have taught me along with my 4 other sisters, beauty goes much farther than that. You're presence mesmerizes everyone, but when you speak, you leave people speechless. Your heart could warm the entire globe, your words could persuade a whole army against God himself and turn them into believers. Your Grace has brought peace among anyone fighting the hardest of battles (because I've witnessed it happen), But your FAITH, is what keeps me going every day. You are the fuel to my heart and my life just as you are to so many others. You've taught me so many life lessons one being ALWAYS staying humble and kind, even to those who are hateful towards you. Killing everyone with kindness is hard to do sometimes but you make it look so easy leading me to believe that it's possible. Just a few short weeks ago, you also made me realize that I need to do things for people out of the kindness of my heart without expecting anything in return... It baffles me on how you've literally been doing that since you were a little girl! That's just another great illustration of how selfish we all can be only for you to level it out with who you truly are as a person! So Thank You for being You. Thank You for always shining even in the darkest moments. Thank You for getting me through the toughest times of my life thus far, for understanding and not judging me when I failed at something. Thank You for letting me make mistakes on my own but helping me get back up as well. Thank You for knowing exactly what to say when I had my first heart break and STILL to this day, showing him kindness when I feel too weak to do so. Thank You for making me realize that I'm so much more worth than what any man could ever lead me to believe. Thank You for being my biggest supporter in anything and everything I do in life with the exception of my sweet daddy. Thank You for being a great representation of how a mom should be, so that one day, I will do the same with my babies. And lastly, Thank You for making sure that God was and still is the center of our home and family. When I start to feel like there is no such thing as something pure, or good in this world, I will always pick up the phone and call you because you are living proof of it. With that being said, Happy Birthday Mommy! I hope today is filled with nothing but laughter, cake, maybe a few tears, and the best birthday yet. I love you, sweet mother of mine...

There are so many others than what I have mentioned above that had so many wonderful things to say! You are loved and always know that you make a difference every day! You are what made me realize that we can't take life for granted and to use it to always inspire others when we can!

P.S.

Thank You to all the Inspirers, Dreamers, Lovers, Life Changers, Humble, Unique, Mothers, Fathers, Christ Lead People who don't get told enough. To anyone who brings Pure Joy to this world, THANK YOU! To anyone who feels unappreciated by their family, friends, dogs, cats, or whomever it is, if you are bringing a smile to someone's face or someone is bringing one to yours, TELL THEM! Life is WAY too short!