Thankful For You

Thankful For You

"I will never forget you. See, upon the palms of my hands I have written your name." Isaiah 49:16

20
Thankful For You
Anna Cunico

In a world full of so much hate, be the one that wants to find love. In midst of half the country protesting and another half protesting the protesters, forget about them and focus on you. Don't let the confusion and anger of someone special get in the way of what is there. Forgive and forget, choose your battles wisely, and learn to let go if needed, but don't give up. God always has his ways, even if they're unclear right now.

I would've never expected to find someone at the time I did, and to be honest, it couldn't have happened at a better time. Every now and then you'll see someone and think to yourself, "Woah, they are the one." It is an incredible, sensational feeling. You know, "butterflies." Although, there are also those times when it just doesn't work out and we need to remind ourselves that it's OK because God has handpicked someone just for you.

We live in such a disposable culture. Nowadays, it seems like things aren't built to last, sometimes, we don't even want them to last. Otherwise, we miss out on the best, latest, greatest version. There is a reason the Bible doesn't have a book devoted to how to choose your partner, whether that is your spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend. It was not an oversight on the part of the God of all history as if he couldn't see into our century.

In our worst moments, our objectives are so small and misguided. We don't have the ability to just be alone on a Friday night. A person that will tell us how pretty, handsome, smart, or funny we are to break down our wall is what we settle for. All we want is to post almost-candid, artistically framed pictures with someone with a beautiful scenery or on a bridge somewhere. It has turned into us wanting guilt-free sex to just enjoy, without intimacy.

In the past year, I have learned so much from God's timing and my current relationship. I can't tell you how much it means to have someone with such a strong relationship with Jesus Christ which builds up our love for Jesus together. My grandmother would always tell me, "No matter how good looking he may be, if he doesn't pray for you, appreciate you and share the love for Jesus that you do, he's not the one." Well, lucky enough for me, he's handsome, prays to God to help me with my struggles, success, and safety every day and loves Jesus. With such a strong relationship with each other and God, and praying for one another every day, I believe that any obstacle we may face, we will overcome anything.

If you're single and starting to doubt God's timing, this verse will help you during this time of struggle. "I will never forget you. See, upon the palms of my hands I have written your name." Isaiah 49:16. Know that God is promising that he has not forgotten about you and he has picked the perfect one just for you, not someone to complete you because that is God's job. In today's society, it may seem impossible to find someone that shares the same values or holds to your own beliefs, but do not give up hope, it's all in God's plan.

Your "somebody" is not someone that just comes into your life with you planning it all out. It is who comes in to make sure you experience the life you've always wanted, who changes your reality, somebody that marks a before and after in your life. It is not the human being everyone has idealized, but an ordinary person. Someone God picked just for you.