The 'Hamilton' Movie: The Best News Of The Week
News

“Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now!”

8
https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/3/21120531/disney-plus-hamilton-streaming-theaters-distribution-broadway
The Verge

If you know me, you know that I am a HUGE musical theatre nerd. The first musical I loved was "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat."

We owned a movie version of this musical on a VHS tape. I would watch this with my mom all the time, mostly because she loved the lead singer/actor, Donny Osmond. But I loved it for the music!

My love for musical re-kindled when I was 13 years old, and I saw my high school's production of "Les Miserable."

It was the first live performance of a musical that kept my focus the entire time. The music, the actors, and the lighting effects captivated me from the moment the first music note was played.

It wasn't long after that performance that I was listening to Broadway cast albums and searching for more musicals to listen to.

Les Miserable, Hairspray, Grease, and Shrek the Musical all became staples of my Broadway Musical song collection.

The only problem was that I had never seen an actual Broadway musical. I was only seeing high school musicals and listening to music online.

I was yearning for more than just that.

In my early years of college, I was able to see not one, but TWO Broadway Musicals! I first saw Something Rotten, and the next year, I saw Waitress. Both of these musicals were phenomenal!

Of course, I began listening to the cast album. Then one day, I was recommended to listening to this ground-breaking musical called Hamilton: An American Musical.

So, I did.

I LOVED it. It was something I had not heard before.

I told everyone I knew about it. I was getting more and more people to listen to the cast album. There was not a moment when I was not talking, mentioning, singing, or listening to Hamilton. It consumed my days. I loved it.

I obviously wanted to see this musical.

But many people know Hamilton tickets are expensive! Even when they came to Philadelphia for the tour, I wasn't able to go. The chance of me seeing Hamilton was becoming less and less likely.

Until the wonderful Lin-Manuel Miranda announced the best news ever.

The Hamilton movie!

This movie is set to release by Disney on October 15, 2021, AND it will feature the Original Broadway cast in Richard Roger's theatre!

As someone who has been able to see some Broadway shows and not others, I am all for Hamilton being on the big screen!

Yes, I know October 2021 seems like a lifetime away. Yes, I know seeing it live has its benefits. But for those of us who adore this musical and have not and may not see it live, then this may be all we get. That's great!

So, when the day comes, I am 100% buying tickets as soon as they go on sale. I am 100% seeing it the day it comes out. I am 100% grateful for Lin-Manuel Miranda and Disney for putting this amazing musical in movie theaters.

So, thank you, Lin-Manuel Miranda, for the Hamilton movie. I cannot wait to see it!