13 Couple's Costume Ideas To Start Planning Now So You'll Be #RelationshipGhouls By Halloween

It's never too early to think about Halloween.

80

The first day of fall isn't until September 23, but with Labor Day weekend behind us and pumpkin spice lattes already available for sale, for many that means it's officially Halloween szn. Many years I've wanted to do an elaborate or fun Halloween costume with my S.O., friends, or by myself and simply didn't have the time, forcing me to cop out and either repeat a costume from previous years or to do a generic witch, nerd, princess, etc.

Now that I've put costume-planning on the radar, there are no excuses for not going all-out this year! Here are some couple's costume ideas that you can start gathering the materials (clothing, accessories, makeup, wigs) for now!

Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen

funcostumes / Instagram

Maybe the nephew/aunt plot line skews your view of them as a "couple's" costume, but they are an iconic duo nonetheless. Perhaps just pretend the last season never happened?

Jack and Sally

kinwart / Flickr

THE iconic Halloween couple.

Anna and Elsa/Hans

Start practicing your braiding skills now.

The Joker and Harley Quinn

You need to get your hands on A LOT of white face paint ASAP.

Mr. and Mrs. Incredible

funcostumes / Instagram

Name a more powerful couple. I'll wait.

Cosmo and Wanda

You might already have the clothes for this costume, the only other things you'll need are crafting skills and some temporary hair dye.

Vanellope von Schweetz and Wreck-It Ralph

UCFFool / Flickr

You'll probably be able to thrift and alter the clothes you need for this one!

Lilo and Stitch

Oliver Ayala / Flickr

One of you can order a Stitch onesie and be extra cozy!

Belle and Beast

It's going to take some online searching and possibly a lot of $$$ to find the right look for this one, so start looking and saving now. If you can pull it off, you'll definitely stand out from the crowd!

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy

Gage Skidmore / Flickr

A classic.

Willy Wonka and an Oompa Loompa

Clinton Steeds / Flickr

Please dress as the Gene Wilder version, not the Johnny Depp one.

Shrek and Fiona

Ewen Roberts / Flickr

If you want a royal couple that's not from Disney, Shrek and Fiona are always a top-tier choice.

Joyce Byers and Jim Hopper

Daniel / Flickr

Definitely go for Hopper's casual Hawaiian shirt look from the most recent season and thrift all the clothes you'll need for this that you don't already have!

This year is your year to plan a fun, elaborate costume. Go for it!