What Halloween Costume Will You Wear?

What Halloween Costume Will You Wear?

It's crunch-time. What kind of costume will you go for this year?

91
What Halloween Costume Will You Wear?
Pop Sugar

I am the kind of person that plans out their Halloween costume months in advance. I start getting ideas and begin to think of the way to make it look best and for the least amount of money. It’s usually a combination of clothes I already possess and a couple purchases from a pop-up Halloween shop. In the end, I love the night of festivities so I can not only show off my outfit, but see what everyone else came up with. Often these costumes can be divided in to 6 categories.

Something Current

Pop culture is your main influence. Social media is your life and you are inspired by all things current. This time next year your costume might be out of the spotlight, but you live in the here and now. From Stranger Things to political figures to anything relevant. Focus on the latest trend and probably end up match a handful of people who also dressed up as Harley Quinn thinking they were original..

Something Scary

You are the classic Halloween person. You want to scare the crap out of people and pull from all things bloody and gory. From zombies to vampires to ghouls, you are in to the scary movies. You love the current makeup trends including melted faces and unzipped skin. Blood, gore, guts, and paranormal are the only rules you live by.

Something Funny

You are the jokester of the group. You focus on getting the laughs and giggles out of friends. Puns and play-on-words are your best friends. Your focus is creativity and standing out in the crowd. Instead of being someone's one night stand you would rather be a one nightstand. The laughs get you off more than any guy.

Something Cute

From woodland creatures to storybook characters, you are adorable and are dressed similarly to a 9 year old. You are perfectly fine with that. You would rather look cute for instagram and let it not ruin potential future employment. Your outfit is cute and not showing too much skin in any way. Leave things to the imagination is your thought process, but you still want guys to think you look cute.

Something Basic

Similar to the current costumes this takes it one step further in to the world of all things basic. You want to take Snapchat filters and make them permanent. You want to embody the perfect PSL. You want you instagram followers to go crazy over you "creative" costume that you actually found of Pinterest. Every girl on following TSM will love your look.

Something Slutty

There is a talent for some girls on Halloween and that is turning anything in to the slutty version. That or they pull a Mean Girls and just put some ears on with their underwear. To each their own.

Whichever route you go this year, just make sure to have fun and do you boo boo. And no matter what anyone says...