Screw Your 'Holiday Season,' Spooky Season Is Where It's At
Seasonal

It is CURRENTLY the most wonderful time of the year.

283
https://unsplash.com/photos/twVS-YjQn9Y
Unsplash

Halloween is by far my favorite holiday, and Christmas is my least favorite. To be honest, I wouldn't even celebrate it if it weren't for my family.

Halloween, however, has been my favorite holiday for as long as I can remember. I love everything about it, even the creepy part about walking up to total stranger's house and asking them to give me candy.

You get to dress up in whatever you want instead of what's appropriate for your family dinner or church like you do for Christmas. I always liked that I had the freedom for one night to become something I'm not, and I enjoy seeing what others do as well.

Halloween is also so much cheaper than Christmas. Instead of buying gifts for everyone in your family, all you have to do is get one outfit. Maybe you'll spend money on drinks if you go to a bar, but it doesn't compare to what you may spend on presents or dinner for everyone.

Christmas trees, presents, decorations, lights, etc. takes up so much space in your house. Christmas trees are a couple hundred dollars (if you're getting a fake one), and take up a large portion of the floor. Plus, you stuff presents underneath of it which takes up more floor space which is just a mess.

Halloween, however, is much cheaper. You can throw toilet paper around your house or wrap it around things and your house is "decorated." I can space $20 on toilet paper to get myself in the "spooky season," opposed to the couple hundred dollars for Christmas decorations.

Clean up for Halloween is so much easier as well! You don't have to put stuff in boxes or spend hours taking everything down to make sure it doesn't break, nor do you have to find places in your house to store Halloween decorations. If you want to decorate with toilet paper, ball it up and put it in the trashcan (or I guess you could use it if you really wanted to. To each their own I guess).

So, for me, I love Halloween. I love the weather, the freedom or expression in costumes, the candy, the whole nine yards. Halloween is more about having fun and is less of a headache than Christmas, and that is why it is my favorite holiday.

Enjoy your spooky season while it lasts.