7 Margarita Recipes You Need In Your Life
Seasonal

7 Margarita Recipes You And Ross Geller Won't Know How You Lived Without

These drinks go way beyond the basics.

862
NBC // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHV70zK_a-k

Summer is a great time of year to get excited about something new. Everyone has their favorite drink they prefer to order, but why not see if your number one choice has any twists that might win you over? Margaritas are a big summer drink that mixologists can go crazy with since they're easy to play with and tempt customers into trying.

Don't let this summer go by without trying a new margarita recipe. When the weather gets cold again, you'll think back and regret not sipping something new by the beach. Even if you don't have time to go to a summer event in your town, you can make your own margarita that will rock your world.

Read on for some recipe ideas you can try tonight. You never know if you might find a new favorite that you'll soon push your friends to try too.

1. Sour Green Apple Jalapeño Margarita

Oftentimes when you sit down and consider what you want to drink, you want something refreshing. A sour green apple jalapeño margarita could hold the key to what you're looking for.

Mix ice with your favorite syrup and then add lime juice, tequila and sour green apple juice. You can even garnish with a lime wedge for an added boost of the kind of taste that will have you coming back for more.

2. Spicy Margarita Punch

If you consider yourself a connoisseur of all things spicy, it can be difficult to get a good drink while you're out. Some places claim to have spicy margaritas, but they might not always be as spicy as you'd like.

This margarita punch can be as spicy as you'd like it to be, and it'll still have that lovely kick to it if you opt for minimal spice. Mixing in some mint along with one small jalapeño and some orange juice will get things going. You can adjust the taste as needed after you're done.

3. Black Magic Margaritas

You may want to try something new, but you might not feel super adventurous yet. There's still a drink for you! You can impress your friends and act like you're drinking an otherworldly margarita while secretly sticking with what you love.

The black magic margarita has the basic ingredients of tequila and lime juice, but it uses food coloring and black sanding sugar to give it a mysterious black color that will wow anyone who wants to check out what's in your glass.

4. Aphrodisiac Margarita

Restaurants make jokes all the time that their drinks can help you do things like gain more confidence or find your true love, but this drink might actually take that claim past the finish line. It's a margarita made of passion fruit and pomegranate, which exists in Greek mythology as the fruit of Aphrodite — the goddess of love.

Try it out for yourself to see if it works! At the very least, you'll fall in love with a new drink.

5. Margarita Watermelon Slices

Want something with a kick that you don't need to put in a glass? Head to your local grocery store and purchase a seedless watermelon. You can mix together tequila, limes and sugar in boiling water and then soak the watermelon slices.

You can then opt to garnish with salt or sugar, depending on your preferences. It's a delicious way to enjoy a margarita while you're out on a picnic or lounging by the pool, no glassware needed.

6. Creamy Margarita Popsicle

For something that will really help cool you down on a hot summer day, reach in your freezer for a creamy margarita popsicle. This is also a great drink recipe you can try when you'd love a margarita but might not have enough money to go out and buy one.

Stir lime juice, milk, water and tequila together for the mix and then pour in popsicle containers. Make one lime slice for each popsicle and slide a stick through the middle of each, balancing them on the top of each popsicle to act as the base. Freeze and enjoy!

Get Sippin'

Wowing your friends with your newfound mixology skills would be a great way to spend a summer afternoon or evening, so find a recipe that inspires you and get started.