I'm Halfway Through College, Here Are The 10 Things I've Learned So Far

It goes by in the blink of an eye.
880

College has been a whirlwind of experiences so far, and I have learned so much. A lot of things have changed in my life, but they've mostly changed for the better. It's hard to believe college is half over for me, but there are some things I've learned that I will never forget.

1. You'll lose some friends, but that's okay.

Once college begins, you'll fall out of touch with a lot of people. It sucks, but that's okay. You'll stay in touch with the people that matter to you most.

2. You'll miss your family more than you expected.

Once you graduate high school, you can't wait to get away from home and experience life on your own. However, homesickness is inevitable, and sometimes all you need is a relaxing weekend at home to catch up with your family. Never take them for granted!

3. Cooking is so much harder than you thought.

I thought having a kitchen would be a step-up from cafeteria food, and it is in many ways, but it's also a lot more work than expected. So much effort! So much time! So many dishes to wash!

4. Naps are a necessity.

Sleep basically takes the back seat on your priority list in college. Fitting in some time for a quick nap throughout your day is an important factor in keeping yourself functioning.

5. Coffee becomes your new BFF.

I was never an avid coffee drinker, but going to college made coffee a necessity. It's the only thing that gets you through those 8 A.M.s you got stuck with taking.

6. Your college friends know you better than anyone else.

You may think that your high school BFFs know you inside and out, but the truth is, they don't even know half of what your college friends know. You see your college friends 24/7, and when the year is over, the separation anxiety is oh so painful. They become your family.

7. Sometimes you have to take the L.

You win some, you lose some. No matter how hard you study, sometimes the information just won't stick in your brain. Grades aren't everything, and it's okay if you don't do as great as you expected to.

8. Going out on the weekends is your motivation for getting through the week.

After a long week of homework and countless hours in the library, all you need is a night out with all of your friends.

9. You'll question if your liver can handle one more beer.

Don't worry, it can. You got this. Drinking becomes the norm in college, but remember to drink responsibly!

10. Time flies and there's no way of slowing it down, so you have to enjoy every moment.

College is easily the best four years of your life, and it's hard to believe I'm halfway done already. Make sure to enjoy each and every moment, and have as much fun as possible. It goes by way too quickly.