We're 50% into 2018, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

We're 50% Into 2018, And I'm Not Sure How I Feel About It

2018 has been a literal dumpster fire so far.

367
Sophia Bercow

Well, everyone. It's July, which means we are officially halfway through 2018. I thought I would give a little review on what this year has been like for me personally and for the general public now that we're 50% done. To sum it all up quite briefly, it really has not been a super awesome year.

Personally, junior year of college kicked my butt socially and academically. Even though I got my highest GPA in college winter term, my classes were next level difficult, and they required more studying and focusing than ever before. I've always been a good student, but this year really tested how good I actually am. Socially, I went through quite a bit. I experienced the death of close friends for the first time in my entire life, and I definitely found out who my close friends are. It was a long year, but it isn't fully over yet.

Now I'm not one to get political on social media because fighting over Facebook really does nothing, but I'm just going to pour one out right now and say the current political state of our nation is straight up garbage. Immigrant children are being locked up in cages at the border, Trump gets to appoint someone new to the Supreme Court, and the abortion debate is literally somehow still happening. I feel like I wake up every day to more extremely depressing news, and frankly, I'm tired of this garbage. Why are we still hearing about more and more horrific mass shootings?

While this year is halfway done and it hasn't been awesome, I still have optimism and high hopes for what's to come. I'm going into my senior year of college, and I still feel like the world is at my fingertips. I want to succeed and start my career, but I also want to start changing the world we have been living in. I haven't quit on 2018 yet… yet.