What Everyone Should Know About The "Shithole Country" People

Immigrants came to America and made it the clean and hygiene country that it is today.

256
Sola Rey

Haiti is known as the first Black country to gain its independence. Haitians knew what they went through to be independent, so they went and helped other nations to win their freedom.

Yes, Haiti could have been better. Yes, Haitians have made bad decisions. What did we do with our motto? L’UNION FAIT LA FORCE. When someone tries to put Haitians down, he or she automatically put the rest of the world down because we contribute in every part of this world one way or another.

This country that got called a “shithole country” has caring people like Richard Joseph who saved the life of a woman falling from her ninth-floor balcony in Chile. Haiti has done at least something for every other nation. Even being unaware of giving our strength away to build another country, let them take over our lands, let them take our treasures and money. Yes, Haiti has saved you one way or another because it helped to set your grandparents free from slavery.

After all, America is a nation of immigrants. Therefore, America is from Africa, Europe, North America, South America, Central America, Asia, etc. Every single American has at least one grandparent from Africa. Furthermore, when you call Haiti “shithole country,” “poor country,” or even "troubled country,” you automatically call yourself trouble because your grandparents are from this troubled country’s descendants. Additionally, if you receive help from Haiti, don’t you also benefit from this “poor country”?

To all the Haitians who are amazed at President’s Trump declaration.

Did you know you are also a part of the “shithole country”?

It will not take just the government to repair our lovely country. Haiti needs all of us including myself to help retrieve its beauty and become once more La Perle Des Antilles. Do you know the government does not do worse to the country than you as the youth (La Jeunesse)? Where are the customs of our country? What happened to all the beautiful black women who used to be called Marabout? Back in the days, our grandparents were unable to get education especially the females, and today we have the opportunity to receive the highest knowledge. Instead, we choose to take the wrong path. We decide to go to the club. We do not care about self-respect. Do you remember how our grandparents were afraid of elders regardless they are family members or not? Today, we do not respect even the woman who gave birth to us.

Haiti did not get spoiled all by itself. We, as Haitians, ruined Haiti by adopting another system which offers us nothing but being disobedient toward what our great-grandparents had left for us to follow. It does not matter about your naturalization as whatever the citizen you become because you are still Haitian. Nothing or Nobody can change your blood. When we are also looking at every piece of comment people including ourselves, they reflect on us all, not just a portion. Our ancestors have fought for us to do better. Today, we imitate the worst part of every culture thinking that can make us recognizable. Remember we are African descendants. We were born to have self-pride, self-respect, etc. Where are my beautiful women who used to dress correctly to remind every nation of who we are?

The government is surely not responsible for those behaviors. What do you think if we decide to change ourselves from all the adverse actions? Will we have a better Haiti or not? Put down the weapons, the narrow minds, the ego, and help Haiti becomes the country that it used to be. Haiti is a country; therefore it cannot repair itself. Get up, and start working on your part so you will never get humiliated by another human being again.

It seems like we have lost all the identities of Jean Jacques Dessalines. Remember when our ancestors were fighting they did not have all the abilities we have today, yet they had the sense of knowing the condition they were in was not fair. They did not wait for any miracle. They made it happen, so why are we unable to stand for ourselves with pride and dignity to remind the rest of the world where we are? I'M STILL WONDERING WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO THE STRONG NATION THAT WE WERE. STOP IMITATING AND REMIND OURSELVES THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING BLACK. BLACK PEOPLE ARE STRONG, COURAGEOUS, RESPONSIBLE, AND IMPORTANT.

The next time that you Mr. President, decide to call any immigrant country a "shithole country," learn about how far the shithole people help you get in your life. Thank those immigrants for improving America in all the aspects of this society including hygiene manners. When immigrants started coming to America, they found Americans with no manners whatsoever. Our immigrant great-grandparents taught the Americans to brush their teeth, take a shower daily, and change clothes regularly. Before the immigrants came into this country, the Americans would take ONE shower each season equals to four showers each year. They did not use to take a daily shower. Before immigrants, Americans used to bring knives to the dinner table to clean their teeth after eating, which means toothbrush was never a tool for them. Before immigrants, Americans possessed one pair of clothing and would not buy another one until the other one has worn out. Furthermore, Immigrants came to America and made it the clean and hygiene country that it is today. So, next time Mr. President thank immigrants for saving you from being born into a country that did not have people who knew about hygiene.

Haitians, remind the world that we are not the “shithole country” people! We are more than that! We are the First Black Republic. We are the people who helped fight to end slavery around the world. More importantly, we are the immigrants who make this country "A Nation of Immigrants." Mostly, we helped to get America where it is in every way that you could imagine. Wake up my fellow Haitians; immigrants actually saved United States from remaining a "shithole Country".

" Nous avons osé être libres, osons l'être par nous-mêmes et pour nous-mêmes."

-Jean Jacques Dessalines