A Gypsy Soul's Travel Bucket List

A Gypsy Soul's Travel Bucket List

Make sure you get to visit as many places as possible.

146
A Gypsy Soul's Travel Bucket List
Shutterstock
"She had a gypsy soul to blame and she was born for leaving."

If you are in procession of a gypsy soul, it means you have an undying desire to travel, adventure, and wander. You will never be happy staying in the same place for too long. Some may see the gypsy soul as a curse, since it is difficult to satisfy the need of frequently going to new places. To me, this need to explore and see the world is an absolute blessing. My strong urge to travel the world is what keeps me motivated and on top of my goals. Realistically speaking, it is extremely difficult for one person to travel the entire world, so making a list of the places you must go will help to ensure you get to go to as many of your top destinations as possible. Here is a totally biased list of the top ten places this gypsysoul needs to get to within its life.

1. Rome, Italy

“La Citta Eterna” is full of culture and tradition. The food is delicious and the sites are a must-see. Any person traveling to Rome will be awestruck by the famous Roman Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Roman Forum, etc. Travelers should also travel to the nearby towns for authentic cuisine and culture.

2. Sydney, NSW, Australia

A trip “Down Under” should be near the top of every person’s bucket list. Famous for its unique wildlife and perfect beaches, Australia is the perfect destination for anyone who loves the outdoors. Sydney is famous for the Sydney Opera House, Bondi Beach, and the Figure Eight Pools. Sydney is also known for its incredible nightlife and city scene. Plus, who wouldn't want to hug a Koala?

3. Dublin, Ireland

Ireland is famous for its breathtakingly green countryside. The capital city is famous for being the home of the Guinness storehouse. Other notable attractions include St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Dublin Castle. The many city parks and Temple bar will complete any night on the town.

4. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

“The Big Easy” incorporates French-creole, Southern US, and African cultures into one unique city that is full of life. The “full of life” style is not only present during Mardi Gras, but everyday. Visitors have got to see Bourbon Street within the French Quarter, catch a Saints game at the Superdome, and take a ride down the Mississippi River in an authentic riverboat. Don't forget to listen to some dixieland jazz and eat some authentic creole cooking.

5. Athens, Greece

The founding place of Democracy is sure to steal your heart. Visitors will have the opportunity to visit the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, etc. Athens is a unique city because it gives visitors the feeling of being transported back in time to Ancient Greece.

6. London, England

Satisfy your need to hear a real British accent by going to the capital of England. Any person traveling across the pond must visit the Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, The London Eye, and Westminster Abbey. The best time to travel to Britain is now, thanks to Brexit!

7. Jerusalem, Israel

This holy city is a necessary stop for all travelers, not just those of certain faiths. Jerusalem plays an essential role in the histories of Judaism, Christianity, and the Islamic faith. Most followers of faith make it a point to pilgrimage to the holy land. Some points of interest include the Old City, the Western Wall, Via Dolorosa, and the Dome of the Rock.

8. Paris, France

The city of love would be ideal to visit in the spring, when flowers are blooming and the streets of Paris are bustling with people. Eat lunch at a cafe and visit the Eiffel Tower. Some other landmarks include The Louvre, The Arc de Triomphe and the Notre Dame de Paris.

9. Cape Town, South Africa

A trip to South Africa would not be complete without visiting the city where the Atlantic and Indian Ocean meet. At one time, this was a Surfer’s paradise. Today, visitors can climb to the top of Table Mountain, which overlooks the city. Cape Peninsula will get travelers up close and personal with wildlife- including penguins.

10. Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

This is a dream destination for anyone with a love for the sun and sand. Travel to the famous Waikiki beach, Diamond Head volcano, ‘Iolani Palace, and the USS Arizona Memorial. Take a ride up north to Pipeline to see some of the best surf in the world.

So start filling that passport up with stamps!