A York-Area Gym If Comfortability And Personal Growth Are What You Need

For those residents around York, PA looking for the right gym

208

If you're like me, you want to go to the gym to feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally. I want to ask you the question, do you feel comfortable at the gym you work out in?

A gym should provide a comfortable environment for you to take classes with people who make it an enjoyable experience or for you to leisurely work out on your own time without worrying if someone is watching or judging you.

Before I began going to Unique Physique, I was self conscious about going to the gym I belonged to. Whether I was running on the treadmill or lifting weights I always felt like I was being watched.

In a general sense, you see people who are "big" or "jacked" and it can be an often intimidating situation having them watch you squat, bench, or deadlift while they then proceed to do the same thing with three to four hundred more pounds then you. Yes, they show off. No, I don't care. Yes, they think they are tough. No, it does not make me comfortable.

To those people who understand where I am coming from, I want you to know there are gyms out there for you. If you live around York, PA, I highly recommend trying out Unique Physique fitness center.

They offer a wide-range of strength, cardio and cross-training classes at convenient times to fit your schedule. The gym also includes silver fit and silver sneakers. Silver fit is a designated healthy aging program designed to help you achieve better health through regular exercise while Silver Sneakers is a fun, energizing program that helps older adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity.

A barrier people face when they begin to get in shape is they do the same old thing and they get bored. At Unique Physique, they have many different things to try until you find the perfect fit for you. Their highly trained staff holds certifications and know how to help you get the most out of your workout. Go in, meet the friendly staff, and have them help you design a plan so you can reach your workout goal whether you are already a gym rat, want to become a gym rat, or are wanting to do this for yourself.

Some of the classes held at unique physique include:

BodyStep

A compelling fitness class that tones the legs, improves coordination, bone density, posture and agility. It offers fun and athletic movements mixed with huge amount of personality, driving music and great training principles. BodyStep is suitable for anyone who wants an energetic results oriented workout.

RPM

A fun, athletic, cardiovascular cycling workout that kills calories in record time, up to 600 in a single ride! RPM provides lightning quick improvement in endurance as well as a fast boost to your lower body strength as you experience different terrains, speeds and intensities. All are encourage to ride with the music tempo and adjust the resistance to create their own workout.

BodyPump

A strength endurance training class where your muscles and music collide, all the benefits of traditional weight training but low on complexity and high in fun. BodyPump is great for everybody and is the fastest way in the universe to get into shape, but it is not an aerobic class so don’t forget to try out RPM, BodyCombat, BodyAttack or BodyStep for your cardio workout!

BodyFlow

A combination of Eastern disciplines like Yoga and Tai Chi with dynamic exercises like Pilates that will change the way you feel about your body forever. This class gives you the opportunity to get to know your body better, while you benefit from working out some of the kinks and stresses of your everyday life.

BodyCombat

The workout with a punch! This high-energy cardiovascular training class combines moves from a wide range of martial arts disciplines. BodyCombat allows you to punch and kick your way to increased fitness levels while improving muscle coordination, strength, flexibility, agility, and fat burning potential.

Yoga

Posture practices designed to increase strength, energy and flexibility. Yoga connects breathing with body movements, uniting the mind, body and spirit to sooth your soul and improve mental fitness.

Pilates

This safe and sensible exercise system uses a floor mat to help you feel and look your very best, no matter your age or condition. Pilates improves your core strength, posture, coordination, flexibility and balance. Pilates also helps alleviate back pain and can prevent joint and muscle injury.

Silver & Fit

Specifically for older adults, this class creates a fun-filled social environment that’s accessible to all, regardless of their fitness level. It is designed to focus on and increase flexibility, joint stability, balance, coordination, agility, reaction time, muscular strength and cardiovascular endurance. This class allows you to progress at your own pace using chairs, resistance bands, dumbbells partnered with fun cardio walks, agility exercises and motivating music. All equipment is provided.

Cxworx

30-minute core strength training! Increases strength and tones all your core muscles!

BodyAttack

This high energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. This muscle conditioning workout will strengthen your body and make your heart work too!

As I previously mentioned, I highly recommend you take a minute to check out this gym that is family owned and run. I can tell you from my personal experience that I have never felt more comfortable in a workout environment and have never achieved more in a workout than I do at Unique Physique.