To The Guys I Wasn't Good Enough For

Who are you pursuing now?

Now that you have left me, for reasons I still cannot understand, what kind of girl are you pursuing? Is she anything like I am? What does she have that I do not? And if you are not going after anyone, are you really still "in need of finding yourself"? Or was that just told to me so you could live the single life once again?

I cannot tell you what a breath of relief it is to me to realize that you and I were not meant to be together. Really. Now I won't go all Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" on you, but once you left, that is when I was able to find myself all over again. Of course, I was heartbroken, I mean who wouldn't be? Once you pour your life into someone else's hands, and then they spill you all over the place, it seems so impossibly difficult to put the pieces back together. But I am so proud of myself for realizing that you were not the real deal.

I can promise you right now that I am in fact doing quite alright. No, you do not cross my mind every waking moment. I won't lie, sometimes I think about you and what you are doing, but then I realize that you no longer are worthy of a thought in my day. My motto has always been "out of sight, out of mind", and I promise that since you have been out of sight, it has been so much easier to get you out of my mind.

No, I do not want you back, nor think I will ever want to go down that road ever again. Sure, we can be "friends", or we could just never appear in each others lives ever again. Either way, I can promise that the feelings I may have had for you, are completely disintegrated. I am not some weak girl who will run back to you at the drop of a pin. Do you not remember our past? How you left me damaged?

It is okay, I promise, I have learned to forgive. I doubt that I will ever forget how I was treated, but that is only because I owe it to myself to never be treated how you treated me ever again. Ha. You probably thought I wanted to not forget about us because I still am in love with us. Please. Set your ego aside for just a quick minute and realize that not every girl you hurt wants to come back. We are strong, and we do realize over time that no guy is worth being hurt over.

To the heartbroken girls who are reading this, I commend you. For whatever reason you are no longer in a relationship for, I am proud of you. Whether you chose the right time to walk away, or got let down the hard way, I am proud of you and your heart. Sometimes I think that when these things happen, we often think we are not good enough, and that is why we are left in the dust. But I am living proof that no man will ever determine your worth,

and you ARE good enough.